/dist/images/branding/favicon

Firmware 0.88

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Gustavo Rios, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

I just upgrade to firmware 0.88 Mk, any suggestions for a better and safer flight, some parameter to change ?. Anyone I can provide a file with the latest MK settings ? I have a CS6 with Tx DX8.

thanks,

Gustavo.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Gustavo:
    I've not seen anyone reporting the need to change parameters just because you upgraded to 0.88. You should recalibrate the ACC and the compass, though.

Andy.

3. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Andy, I ask this because I had to change the "undervoltage" because for default is low. The parameters for failsafe (height, speed of decline in the return to home or landing), are appropriate?. A few tips can help me.

thanks,

Gustavo.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

5. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

These parameters are preset in the firmware 0.88. Any changes can improve the flight on Cinestar 6 ?

Mk tools - Gyro.jpg

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Gustavo:
    There's been one or two discussions about changing the Gyro settings, but, if I'm understanding it correctly, it's highly specific to the frameset (motors/booms/hub), the payload weight, the wind etc.. Here's an example thread:http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/roll-shake.302/page-3#post-6454 (message #24/25).

I may be wrong (I often am), but I don't think there's any single set of settings that are generically "the best" settings to the PID control mechanisms. The best strategy I've been able to discern is to get the understanding of what the various parameters do. There's quite a lot of information out there. Try a Google search for
    mikrokopter gyro settings​
    and you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps.
    Andy

7. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Don't forget to setup Fail-Safe settings under Misc tab. It's disabled by default.