/dist/images/branding/favicon

Filming in India? Regulations?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Resumes' started by Tim Sessler, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

Hi - I was wondering if anybody has any experience with filming in India? Are there any regulations on flying a multicopter? I assume especially in the more rural parts it won't be an issue - but what about densely populated areas like Delhi or Bangalore? Any problems getting all the gear into the country?

Thanks!! :)

2. udhayashankar

udhayashankar New Member

What is the copter u are trying to fly.. we here do aerial for films.. in cities s as u said there might be issues but its location specific... mail me the places where u plan to fly... will update u on known issues...
    Udhayashankar.mail@gmail.com

3. Tim Sessler

Its a Cinestar 8 with a Movi MR - a fairly large set-up, definitively not a small quad like e.g. the Phantom that you could probably fly everywhere. I dont have the specific locations yet - but for sure around the greater area of Bangalore and Delhi.

Honestly what I am most concert about right now is getting all that through customs. Are there any official regulations or does it all depend on the officer or cop that I am dealing with?

Thanks for the help!

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tim you likely need a couple of answers. Are you going to operate for pay/commercially? if so you might need a business visa and then the next question is about using a UAV commercially. Did you send Udhaya an email? Would be interested to hear the answer.

Udhaya if you get a chance and know the answers would you mind updating the spreadsheet with Worldwide UAV data at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvZl8S9wZihWdG5wNlE2MjlkYmYyNU4wZHVBRFAyS2c#gid=0

Also welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

5. Tim Sessler

No, I will just be working on a personal passion project - I did not email him yet.