/dist/images/branding/favicon

External Audio on iP6

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Bill Zens, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Bill Zens

Bill Zens New Member

I got my Movi a couple weeks ago, and got a hoodie with it. I got the hoodie to record audio specifically with my RODE Videomic Pro. I am plugging the RODE into my 3.5mm jack, but I still only record with the Apple's on-board Mic. I checked the settings, and the Movi is set to use the Microphone. but it doesn't do that, instead using the phone's mic even with the RODE plugged in.
    I am using an iPhone 6S Plus.
    Any thoughts here?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Bill: i think you may need to use the Lighting port on the iP6, not the headphone jack -- at least that's what I've been using.

If I'm wrong, hopefully another forum member can put me straight.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. John Chu

John Chu Active Member

Are you using a TRS to TRRS adapter? The iPhone headset jack will not accept a standard 3.5mm microphone directly. If you are using that adapter---make sure there isn't dust in the headphone jack, I've had issues in past where fuzzball kept the TRRS jack from seating completely.

#3 John Chu, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Rorick Edge likes this.