/dist/images/branding/favicon

Ewok hunting with the Alta

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Chris Jordan, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

I spend quite a bit of time flying in tight conditions that most won't, but that's what I pride myself in. We wanted to fly the Alta in the redwoods, and setup a shoot with the new GDU 24mm Lens, Our new Lipo plate for Dragon, M15 and Alta. We did a Compass Calibration earlier in the day in a wide open space, which I recommend doing at least once a day, unless you change altitude or travel farther than a few miles to next location.

The Alta, when setup properly, is a total dream. I often fly and do camera op at the same time (call me stupid, or call me a legend, Plenty of times no one was there that could do Cam op without botching it... meh) and I was able to do so, in the woods with the Alta.

Ewok DOES NOT taste like chicken, against popular belief. And here are a few photos from the collection. More to come.

Check out the folder on Facebook.

Attached Files:

Dimitar Krustev likes this.
  2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Was this in the Purissima Redwoods? Cool shots!

Chris Jordan likes this.
  3. Matt Beardsley

Awesome Chris! Are you able to use GPS mode at all under that canopy? I spent today filming in a somewhat similar environment and GPS mode was too squirrelly to use, which is a bummer, because, for a lot of shots, I love that quasi-mechanical slow dolly-like motion position hold offers. I compas calibrated and was reading 8 or 9 sats, which should give a great lock, right?

4. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

I never use GPS, I always fly Manual or if needed Height hold. I think for what you're looking for height hold would be better, with tuned down settings.

5. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

I can't remember actually Steve, I need to make another trip out to check on that ;) If I knew you lived there, i'd have reach out sooner. Would have been nice to catch up.

6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Chris i notice that you have a Carbon plate on top of the Red is that only to hold the Red lipo?
    who makes it can you share the link
    thanks

I just read again your post so you make the plate, is it only for the lipo

7. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

its for whatever you want :)