/dist/images/branding/favicon

Even motors hoter

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hello today on testing a Standard MK CS8 copter that have not flown in a while, 2 issues that I have not seen before but that I have read something before about it but can't find the thread:
    1: After a 5 minute flight 6.3Kg AUW the even motors where substantially hotter than the odd motors ????
    2: On GPS Hold and AH when I move the copter side to side I let go of the sticks and the copter wold move back to the starting point on its own instead of staying where I let the go of the sticks ???
    I got to look at the GPX file

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Check that all of the motors are absolutely vertical -- take off with the copter about 2m away, and bring it up to eye level, then sight across the "discs" formed by the spinning props and you should be able to see whether all the discs are exactly in the same plane or not.

The symptoms you describe as exactly what happens when one or motors motors are not completely vertical.

Andy.

3. Jose Luis Ocejo

Here is the GPX file

Attached Files:

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Jose you might also want to check your CG looks like its lob sided

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Thanks Andy its amazing that old learn stuff gets overlook, Il do another test tomorrow I don't want to upgrade this CS to a HL too many components would be NG, instead Im trying to get this copier back closer to its correct AUW for its current components and keep it there, for small cameras a couple of friends may want it to start down south
    I think the sweet Auw spot for the standard CS8 is 6Kg do you remember?
    Also what is your take on the copter drifting back to its original GPS position on its own?

6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Thanks Jason il do.... man its like I went back to 101 !!!!

7. Jose Luis Ocejo

Another thing I notice by doing a proper preflight inspection several motors probably need bearings we should have an estimate of after X amount of flights or hours change bearings even if it doesn't show ovious symptoms, it would be nice if the motor manufactures could come up with an estimate base on the quality and type of bearings they use, kind of like like regular tire manufactures do

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I don't think anyone really knows how many hours the bearings are good for, Jose. I think the best test is to remove all the propellers, then using Mk Tool's motor test to spin up individual motors and listen to the sound they make. Bearings that are bad sound "harsh" with lots of high frequency noises -- at least in my experience.

Andy.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah, I think it's around 6Kg.
    Difficult to know why the copter would drift back, I'm afraid, Jose. Could be just a coincidence.
    Did you record a GPX file -- if you did, have a look at it and see if it tells you anything.

Andy.