/dist/images/branding/favicon

Error message when trying to connect to Radian Stabiliser...

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by david donaghy, Jun 9, 2013.

1. david donaghy

david donaghy New Member

I have been trying to connect roll, pan and tilt radians to the laptop to do some adjusting. I had the wrong comm port selected originally, changed that, then I got connected.

I changed the slew and it went a bit crazy so I had to quickly unplug.

Now it wont connect back again but nothing has changed, I'm now getting the message:

"error writing to comms port: application-defined or objected-defined error. Please reselect comms port."

Any help very much appreciated! ASAP!

Thanks.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

David I haven't seen that error message. Try re-installing the firmware. Disconnect the servo from the pan Radian and only have power and the after putting it into bootloader mode attaching the Radian programmer. Do not have it daisy chained.

What version of windows are you running? Can you send screen shots? Make sure that when you power up for programming that your TX mode switch for the Radians is turned off. If it was on that may be why it 'went crazy' but I guessing at what you mean.

3. david donaghy

david donaghy New Member

Hi Gary,

So I'm running windows 7. I re-installed the radian software once already. I've tried to connect to bootloader but "no response". Yeah the TX mode was off. I'm finding it strange that it was connecting but now isn't.

I've attached some screen shots and photos.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Are you connecting the programming cable correctly? To both the Radian and the programmer? Have you tried one of the other Radians? Have you confirmed in Win7 which COM port is being activated when you plug in the programmer? If it isn't COM 10 then you will need to change the COM under Windows Comm Link in the Stabiliser window.

Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 9.31.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 9.31.24 AM.png

5. david donaghy

david donaghy New Member

Gary, the cables into the radian were correct, when I unplugged the programmer when it went "crazy" I plugged it back in the wrong way... Well done sir thank you! All working now!

6. david donaghy

david donaghy New Member

However Gary the pan now spins out of control even when I have written my settings. Any ideas?

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

It will spin if it isn't connected to the copter. It expects to see resistance from the flight deck section otherwise it will happily spin itself when powered up.

Small dab of metallic ink pen or nail polish on the ground connector servo plug and the programmer helps for future orientation. Been there done that same thing.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you have the gimbal resting on the bench? If so, you'll need to suspend the copter from the battery plate -- the problem being that the pan servo is "seeking" the correct position, but, of course, the gimbal cannot spin.

You might want to check out the Radian-related videos at http://freeflysystems.com/media/tutorials.php.

Hope this helps.
    Andy