/dist/images/branding/favicon

Error 31 on first start up

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Dave Wallace, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Hey guys,

Solved this. I checked input direction for nick in MK but forgot yaw! reversed the channel and all is working now.

Cheers,

Cam

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Cam,

Glad you sorted it out.

Just a reminder to all MK users: It's always a good practice to hold the copter by hand after gyro calibration and start the motors at idle speed when the copter is hold by hand to check if nick, roll and yaw is at the correct direction. This should be done only once, then it's good to go.

Cam, how do you like Herkules III? Which fimware are you at and did you change any gyro settings in MK-Tool? What are the specs of your copter?

Thanks for the input.

3. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Thanks Ozkan.

I would have normally checked inputs, but with error 31 I wasn't able to start the motors at all, which made checking directions difficult. It would be good if the wiki had a brief outline of the slider directions for mode2 in MKTools for a desk check that everything is moving in the correct direction, that might help solve future problems.

The Herkules is great, firmware is latest, I have flown with it on WKM and Pixhawk platforms, first time with MK will be this week. From other peoples experience, it should perform well for my specs.

Droidworx X8 HL
    - tmotor 3515-15
    - tmotor CF 16x5.4'' v2 props
    - Tattu 6S 9000
    - Herkuless III
    - Payload - GH4 + Movi M5 (simulated payload currently ~ 3kgs)
    - AUW ~ 8-9 kgs, but will have to double check with new Tattu, was flying Zippy max 8000 previously.

Cheers,

Cam

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Hello Cam,

Thanks for the input.

I also tried Herkules III on a heavy lift 6S copter, it flew perfectly without a payload and it started to shake with a payload (9lb). I'd like to see your results when you fly the copter.

http://instagram.com/p/rRjsOak4hy/?modal=true

And here is the topic I started:

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/herkules-iii-mk-fc-2-5me-kde-4014xf-18-props.5046/

5. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

I saw that topic earlier Ozkan, and I did wonder how my unit would act.

I will post an update once I am testing with a payload.

Cheers,

Cam