/dist/images/branding/favicon

Error 3

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ramón Vélez, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Gracias Andy y Dina.

El problema no es como hacer la Calibración, esa parte la tenemos clara. El problema de que no escuches algún sonido es que el aparato no esta emitiendo su tradicional sonido la hacer el Compas.

Como puedes ver el en video realizamos la calibración en un espacio abierto, sin mayor interferencia.

Actualmente he cambiado el NaviBoard y el FC por nuevas unidades, supuestamente están listas solo para instalar y listo... este ultimo paso no se dio!

El CineStar volo por un solo vuelo después de cambiar las piezas nuevas al realizar la prueba no estaba conectado el gimbal, asi que pasamos a la oficina para agregar el gimbal y atender compromisos que tenemos, para mi sorpresa el Cinestart no encendió el Motor 1 luego conectamos a la computadora y el Error 3 apareció nuevamente.

Hemos tratado de todo, conectar a la computadora, verificar las conecciones todo hasta calibrar el CineStar de todos modos. el Problema tambien es que estamos en Panama ciudad de Panama Centro America!

Dime si tienes alguna duda Poder trabajar. ya se ha perdido mucho tiempo y dinero.!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ramon error code 3 is 'No FC Communication'. Means that the FC board can not see the Navi board. That indicates a cabling problem. Until that is fixed you won't be able to do a compass calibration. Best guess would be that one of the cables has been reversed where it plugs in. Pin 1 on the FC needs to go to Pin 1 on the Navi. When they are all in a single stack using the normal short cable its hard not to do it correctly. With the long ribbon you need to be more careful. This is true for both of the ribbon cables, the 2x5 and the 2x3.

If you can take closeups of the cable attachments and the boards we can probably sort it out for you pretty quickly.

3. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Hi Gary.
    It is true that 3 is communication error and the solution for it is you point.

Both the Navi-Ctrl as the Flight-Ctrl 2.1-ME and wires are new. are correctly positioned. review the Buzzer and is ok.

The problem goes well beyond, something internal communication is not allowing us to do the calibration and Engine # 1 is not starting.

Attached photos like this the tarjesta connected.

Thanks for your time

Attached Files:

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ramon thanks for the pictures. Looks like everything is normal. The pictures are so close that I can't see the red wire on the cables. Just make sure that the red wire on both cables is connecting to the number 1 pin. Here's photos of mine.

The only other thing you can check is each wire bundle that in fact you are getting continuity on each pin/wire lead. If that isn't the issue then I would reload all of the firmware for the FC and Navi in case there is something wrong on the software side. And if that still doesn't fix it then contact your dealer/MikroKopter about send the boards in to be checked and repaired/replaced.

FC 2x3.JPG Navi 2x3.JPG Navi 2x5.JPG FC 2x5.JPG

Ramón Vélez likes this.
  5. Ramón Vélez

Ramón Vélez Member

Thanks Gary.

We have already tried then updated the program, accepting all from the computer either. I'm in contact with the equipment dealer to find a solution.

According to see new parts are well and functioning in the computer is correct. just not accepting Compas calibration. That is my main problem!

I am attaching some pictures more closely so you can see more detail the connections.

Attached Files:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ramon:
    Do you also still have Error 3?
    If you are, you will not be able to calibrate the compass.

Andy.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

We must solve the Error 3 problem first. The most likely source of the problem is the ribbon cables that go between the Flight Control Board and the Navigation Control Boards.

Certainly it is worth replacing those if you can -- or at least testing the electrical continuity of all of the conductors.

Do you have a meter that you can use to check the continuity between each each of the cable -- or the pins on the flight control and navigation control boards?

Andy.