/dist/images/branding/favicon

Emergency Gas Settings?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Chris Babiana, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Chris Babiana

Chris Babiana Member

Curious as to what others are inputting as their emergency gas settings for the following set up: CS8, 2-axis gimbal, canon 5DMKII. And a question: With the emergency gas set for the payload of the camera, how will it react on a flight with no payload or different payload (I'm assuming differently).
    Will this setting need to be changed when flying different payloads...swapping a GoPro to a 5D MKII or other camera.
    Thanks,
    Chris.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Chris:
    If you are running firmware 0.88, then you need to check the box "Use vario control for failsafe altitude" on the Misc window in MK Tool.

According to the firmware release notes:
    Until now you had to determine individually the "Emergency-Gas/Throttle" depending on the weight of the Kopter. That is also still possible.​
    Alternative you can enter also now, throughout activating the new button "Use vario control for failsafe altitude", a percentage value of the hovering gas/throttle value.​

Here the automatically determined hovering-gas/throttle through the FC-Software will be used.​

In other words, with the "use vario control" option, the firmware automatically tweaks the throttle to obtain a hover, then decreases the throttle to a percentage of the hover setting it just determined (the documentation shows a value of 80%) to cause the bird to descend.

So the answer is you do not need to change the setting depending upon the weight of the bird/payload.

I have not verified the 80% number is the correct number -- it will obviously bring the bird down, but I'm not sure whether the landing will be better or worse than my normal landings.... :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

3. Chris Babiana

Chris Babiana Member

Hey Andy,

Yes...that helps a lot! Thanks for the reply...much appreciated!

Chris.

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!!