/dist/images/branding/favicon

Echo Mode iOS Panorama

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Rafo Tomic, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Rafo Tomic

Rafo Tomic New Member

I am on Osmo M2 at the moment. The Pano function in the dpi app is nice but the Quality is bad.

Idea: The Echo mode could be perfect for the iOS Panorama Function in the native camera app. It would be great to program the movi to a 180 Echo without using the film mode. Something like:
    1. Movi, move from point A -> B
    2. in 6 seconds but
    3. don't take a video and
    4. wait with the execution for 4seconds
    5. so I can switch to the camera app...
    It would be even better to. have this directly in the movi app, but I know its targeted for movies...

2. Steve Huether

Steve Huether Member

Ohhh good idea! I'm going to test this. I've had luck with a few other moves by triggering the action then quick switching to other app during the 3sec count down... might be a bit of a hack job right now but could work...

Never-mind. Portrait orientation doesn't' work with A-B moments at all.

Rafo Tomic likes this.
  3. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

We have some photo features on the roadmap for the future!

In the meantime, to shoot panorama shots with Movi, I setup Majestic mode with a small window (not the smallest) and a response at Medium, Roll locked. Then I switch to the iOS camera app, flip the Movi to portrait orientation and shoot the panorama as normal (interacting from the phone screen).

It's not automated like the OSMO, but it works really well and you get to be in more control of the framing of your pano.

Steve Huether and Rafo Tomic like this.
  4. Rafo Tomic

Rafo Tomic New Member

That sounds very good! I love to take photos with my Osmo. The "semi tripod feeling" is very nice despite the fact I have a iPhone X with all the optical stabilization things.

Thanx for hint!