/dist/images/branding/favicon

EasyRig - What model you use with your setup

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Vigen Vartanov, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Vigen Vartanov

Vigen Vartanov New Member

Dear Friend . After few days of testing my Movi 10 with a Red Epic , i found that EasyRig can safe me on my next project . Where director what to use it hard , for 30-50 % of all scenes .
    I found that very necessary is to get a 9'' Extender Arm , and will get it , but what Model to get i don't know .

Please share what model of EasyRig you use , or may be you can recommend .
    Thanks.

2. Sam Donaghy Bell

Cinema 3 easyrig with 600 newtons weight (12-15kg) with 230mm extension arm. =]

3. Chris mierzwinski

Sam how do you find Movi and easy rig on walk and talk? Does any movement translate into the shots?

4. Sam Donaghy Bell

Hey Chris.
    As with normal handheld work with the MoVI you're going to have to try and cancel out some of the up and down movements generated when walking.
    Obviously there is no spring to remove your steps like a steadicam so your arms have to do that as best they can. The easyrig taking the weight helps this a lot.

Weather this is easier to do with or without the easyrig will depend on the shot but put it this way. A walk and talk isn't going to usually be anything less than 20sec and with an EPIC, remote focus, bolt and cooke prime on the rig, shit gets heavy! Better have the easyrig take the weight so you don't see your adjustments when your arms get tired.

Hope this helps. =]

Sam
    CC

5. Andrew Hewson

Andrew Hewson Member

Are most people using easy rigs and steadicam arms with their movi set ups?