/dist/images/branding/favicon

DX5e with AR8000 and Radians

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Gustavo Rios, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo: Can you explain a bit more? I'm not sure I understand:

When you say, you cannot configure the switch off/on, are you saying that you cannot find the appropriate switch to use on the DX5e to control channel 5?

Or are you saying that, when you set the Mode values on all of the Radian sensors to 5 (meaning that channel 5 is being used to control the mode), that the Green LED stays on solid even when you flip the Channel 5 switch on the transmitter to the off position?

Thanks
    Andy.

2. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Andy, is the switch on/off in my DX5e for servo pan, Tabb told me that I need to connect the channel 5 (switch) of my dx5e to port 2 of the radian pan, in my case the "gear" in my rx to port 2, of this way I can control the on-off servo Pan

Thanks,

Gustavo

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo: Yes, you can use the Channel 5 switch on the DX5e to control the Mode of the Radian pan sensor. But do do that, you need to do two things:

1. Connect whichever output (you say it's "gear"?) on the OrangeRx is channel 5, to port 2 (the Mode control port) on the Radian pan sensor.

2. Use the Radian software to program the Radian pan sensor and set the Mode value to 5 so that the Radian pan sensor knows that you are using Channel 5 to control the Mode.

As the Channel 5 switch is just a two-position on/off switch, you will only get two modes, though: "Off", and Stabilized Slew" -- meaning that you can can use the Channel 5 switch on the DX5e to turn the Radian system on so you have control of pan and tilt, and off (which you need when the copter is on the ground to prevent the pan servo from turning the booms around).

Hope this helps
    Andy.

4. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Ok Andy, I appreciate so much your help to configure my radians, now I'll watch videos of the tuning for better stabilization.
    Thanks,

Gustavo