/dist/images/branding/favicon

Drones with Camera forbidden :-(

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Janne Hoglund, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Lucky You my friends not living in Sweden, as of last friday flying any Drone with a camera is forbidden. Yes thats right, drone with camera is against the law in Sweden now :-(

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Janne,

Can't you even get special permission? Is it totally banned? Will you open a case against this law?

3. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Yes you may get permission if you can show the camera prevents crime :-/

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I noticed that story elsewhere on the web. I gather it was a ruling made by the supreme administrative law court.
    The story I read stated:

The country's Supreme Administrative Court has effectively banned personal drone filming, unless deemed to be for the purpose of "surveillance".

This means unless drone flyers are wishing to document crime or prevent accidents they will most likely be knocked back for the required permit.

However the court held that dashcams, on bicycle or motorbike handlebars, do not require a permit as they are operated by the rider "on the spot".

This is opposed to a drone which is not "controlled locally".​

See http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-24/sweden-bans-drone-cameras/7959108

It's an interesting approach to new technology. At least the court stopped short of calling them "instruments of the devil" and threatening pilots with being burned at the stake....

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert