/dist/images/branding/favicon

Drift pan problem in majestic and remote mode

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by chass1, Feb 12, 2015.

1. chass1

chass1 New Member

Hello,
    I am a french operator. It's been one year since I use the Movi M10 without any problem.
    Yesterday, for the first time, I saw a drift pan during the shoot when I was standing the Movi M10 on Majestic mode. Slow drift to the left. I had the same drift in passing in Remote mode. I had the same drift putting Movi on its stand.
    I restored the default parameters. No change.
    Can you give me a manipulation because I have to shoot today for a movie?
    I have a Red Dragon with Zeiss GO lens, a configuration that I know well with Movi M10
    Thank a lot !

2. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Hi Chass1,

On the remote, under the pan/tilt controller there's the pan trim. I have found both my MoVI's (M10/M15) have a very slow (and annoying) drift in remote mode to the right. The fix that worked for me was to slowly adjust the pan trim until it was no longer there. It took me a long time to find the exact point of counter pan trim to the pan drift. I'm my M10, I got lucky, it was only four "clicks" to the left. However, I'm sure it's different for everyone. On my M15, I had to trim all the way to the left, then go back about 21 "clicks" to the right. By "click" I mean the number of times I had to move the trim in a direction. Each time you move it, the controller should beep at you.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Salut chass1, bienvenue sur le forum.

Si ce ne est pas trop de problèmes, seriez-vous assez aimable pour modifier votre nom d'utilisateur de votre vrai prénom et nom, se il vous plaît? Les raisons de cette (et comment le faire) sont expliquées ici: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Merci
    Andy

====

Hi chass1, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks
    Andy

4. Jon Firestone

Jon Firestone New Member

I run into this issue from time to time and rebooting the MōVI can sometimes fix the problem, I try to make sure when it is booting that the MōVI is not moving and is facing directly forward. I use my MōVI on a jib a lot and we do a lot of slow precision moves, and even a very slight drift makes things difficult. I'm using a MōVI Controller though, and don't think there is currently a pan trim option like there is on Spektrum controller. Hopefully there will be a firmware update for it soon, because that would be really nice.

5. Norbert Blenk

Norbert Blenk Member

Try to fix pan axis while booting! I usually put a piece of soft styrofoam between the Lipo cage and the top handle to make shure that pan axis i not able to move.
    Remember to remove it afte booting!!