/dist/images/branding/favicon

does anyone has solution for rotating wiring?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Albert Chang, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

currently we have converted our 2nd Movi system into a flying unit.
    the challenge that we are dealing with is that video feedback to the fly controller that mounted on the multi-rotor.

we rotate the movi while its in the air, and the video feedback wires will tangle up... but if we do both video independently (movi -1, fly control -2), we will ending up with 2 monitors and 2 sets of wireless video transmission system.

does anyone experience that?
    we are investigating the slip ring or rotating electrical connector to carry the video signal.
    but yet, we installed the quick release, and it sort of got in the way... head spinning.

can anyone give some advise?

thanks

albert

Attached Files:

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Albert, everybody I know uses two independent video transmitters (often one is 5.8ghz and the other 1.3ghz) for exactly that reason. The video transmitter for the copter-mounted camera usually goes to the pilot, and the gimbal-mounted one to the camera operator. That also provides a certain degree of redundancy, which is always helpful. Relocating the video transmitter from the copter to the MōVI isn't that hard.

3. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Steve,
    the challenge is the copter's fly controller feed back vital information such as Voltage, horizon and so... it's an over lay image.
    i can careless horizon and some other message, but voltage seems to be way too important to ignore.
    but if i have to to deal with 2 systems, i may need to bite that... i am just scouting for a better solution or innovated solution.
    the slip ring seems to do the job, now i am stuck at the mounting...

Attached Files:

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Again, the "OSD" (that's what you call the overlay) can be overlaid on a small camera mounted on the copter. The gimbal camera is a different purpose, obviously. If you're sophisticated enough to make a slip ring work, you could certainly make a small FPV camera work, too.

5. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Albert others have tried slip rings on posts I have seen on other copter forums. I don't know of anyone that has been successful. Let us know how you make out.