/dist/images/branding/favicon

Does anybody know how to do a Dutch shot with M5?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Julian Chi Kin Cheng, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Julian Chi Kin Cheng

Hi all,
    I'm newbie in this forum, from Hong Kong. Yesterday my director asking me to do a Dutch shot, does anyone know how to achieve it? Thanks

Julian Cheng, HKSC, SOA

2. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Julian, did you try adjusting your roll trim to dutch the head as desired?

nick

3. Julian Chi Kin Cheng

I tried, but it is not working. My normal setting is 20. I have tried to set it to 1. It still keep my camera horizon. When I set to 0, then my camera will dutch and uncontrollable. What can I do?

4. Julian Chi Kin Cheng

I finally found that there is a airborne mode in the setup, it can do the dutch shot. But I'd like to know why it always pan right a little bit after a while of using the M5, does anyone know why it happen? even I put the M5 on the stand, it will pan very slowly slowly to the right side. Then I need to turn the airborne mode back to the handheld mode to make it turn back to center point. Is it the problem of any wrong setting?

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Julian Nick is talking about the Roll Trim switch below the left stick on the Spektrum transmitter. Other option if you are not using dual operator is roll trim in the GUI.

Panning in the stand, do you have the TX turned on? If is the Pan trim on the right stick centered? If it is not centered then if it is set high it might be sending a signal for pan that causes the unit to pan.

Please post screen shots of your configuration setup.

6. Julian Chi Kin Cheng

I use the airborne mode with single operator, but after some time it panning right and I think the M5 is feeling the centre point change. Especially when I do a upside down, and then going back to the normal position, the center change, also the tilt change.