/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI S800 Crash in Brasil (Arena Castelão)

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Mark Lawson, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mark Lawson

Mark Lawson Member

So I spotted this video on sUAS News...

I'm 100% sure its a DJI S800, the camera looks like a NEX5. Fortunately the pilot missed spectators by inches, looks like no ones hurt, VERY VERY lucky not to hit anyone. What you guys think?

Mark.

2. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

For these situations... is what cable cams are for.

Whomever it was, needs a lifetime ban for stupidity.

Mark Lawson likes this.
  3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

WOW! Very lucky he didn't hit someone with that!!!

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I can predict that this footage and the NZ crash will be thrown back at the copter community sooner or later as example of how dangerous copters are. Just look back at the history of automobiles and aircraft in the early days.

Sigh.

Andy.

Colin Snow likes this.
  6. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

Lost for words thats just damn right dangerous . he is traveling very fast as it comes down which made me think he was in manual mode at first but when you see it on the floor he is in gps hold mode... but the flashing red led shows very poor gps signal ... these are the people we can do with out . hope he doesnt have the cash to replace it or gets a big enough shock he never tries a stupid stunt like this again .

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Very bad boy! Talk about the walk of shame!

8. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Hi like I am from the country of the jerk above, I think I should put some words here.
    This guy Roberto Macedo JR. owner of Helicamera in Fortaleza Brazil. Is the clow, irresponsible, and why not tentative of murder that put all our community in shame. It is not the first irresponsible and criminal actions with a multirotor from the same MR. Unfortunally he still free and selling his services. Please all the resellers, distributors and involved on this market avoid doing business with him or his company.A group of Multirotors operators are doing a letter to the authorities to show what happened. Please to help us out spread the word around with the credits to the clow.
    As we all can see he was flying in high speed just to show off and not to film,and breaking a few rules and putting people in eminent danger. flying full automatic as the leds can tell gps atti on, and probably flying on IOC, once he goes under the concrete gps fails retunr to atti , lost control, not to mention light spots on his face and the colors to get you even more lost.
    I'm shame of this as been a Brazilian and A aerial plataform operator. But US already went through this, and unfortunally looks like we didn't learn a thing about it and chose to do the same trail. I hope our authorities to be fair and hard.
    Thanks god for this not becaming a fatality.

Joe Azzarelli and Mark Lawson like this.
  9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Well said, Guilherme.

Right now we have to be our own flight safety boards, regardless of which country we are in, and peer pressure is really the only tool we have for making people more safety conscious.

Andy.

10. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

11. Mark Lawson

Mark Lawson Member

He admits relying on GPS the whole flight...

[​IMG]

12. Marc BRACELET

Marc BRACELET Active Member

A tragedy will come, it' s just a question of time...:mad:

13. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

I think no one is free of accidents or crashes, but it is our responsability and duty To minimize the consequences of it even before happening.lets we all learn from this. and also learn to say NO to our EGO. This is the result of doing the oposite.....

Mark Lawson likes this.
  14. Daniel Delaunay

Really bad advertisement for the industry.
    As Marc said, at some point a tragedy will happen and very restrict rules will come from aviation departments, if not the military.
    And at the end, that won't be too bad as it is clear that regulation is indeed neded to clear the lines between boys with toys and professionals with tools. It is a question of time until RC multirotors commercial pilot licenses will be required and they won't be easy or cheap to obtain, just like it is for real helicopter pilots. It's only a question of time.

15. Daniel Delaunay

Ohh, and Dave, I think that is not the correct brainless pilot facebook profile, just a guy with the same name.
    I think the irresponsible guy and his company went out of business, or at least are hiding until the dust comes down after the worldwide repercussion of his lack of knowlege and skill for such a job.

16. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Never fly near crowds of people, company policy and its included in every quote I send out, id rather lose a job for not flying very near crowds than to lose my company