/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI Lightbridge in the “flesh”

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Steve Maller, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I know many folks are intrigued with the DJI Lightbridge.
    Based on their stated specs*, it certainly looks interesting.
    I saw one at their NAB booth, and asked a lot of questions of one of their tech guys.
    *First of all, their stated spec of 1080P at 60fps hasn’t materialized in the production units, so they’ve gone back to engineering to see if they can actually accomplish that. Right now it’s only doing 720P, and he said they don’t want to release it until they accomplish what they announced.
    Secondly, he explained that you can only get all the features if used with their hardware all the way through (not surprising). For example, their OSD functions with the DJI flight control (I think it’s only the A2, but don’t quote me on that), and only outputs on an Android device plugged into the receiver’s USB port. The HDMI output is clean video. It’s a very robust-looking box, but that’s just window dressing. They’re not demo’ing it at NAB because I think it’s disappointing WRT the performance.
    Here are some photos.
    2014-04-07_12-35-22.jpg 2014-04-07_12-34-21.jpg 2014-04-07_12-34-12.jpg 2014-04-07_12-33-56.jpg

Colin Snow and Tim Sessler like this.
  2. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

Oh wow - thats interesting. Thanks for reporting, Steve. You are saying "you can only get all the features if used with their hardware all the way through" - does that also mean you can only use the video downlink if the whole system is connected to a DJI FC (e.g. the A2) - which seems ridiculous, but thats what I heard before - or is it possible to use it as a video downlink only?

Thanks again!

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If you use the Lightbridge as a downlink-only system with somebody else's electronics (like MK, for example), the HDMI port will still deliver what goes in at the other end, but none of the OSD or control-link stuff will work. They claim the video quality will be the same.

Tim Sessler likes this.
  4. dixson

dixson New Member

Wao, looks great...

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member