/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI A2 issues

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Paul conto, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

I just upgraded my Flight Controller to the DJI A2 and I'm having some issues and can't find help elsewhere.
    The IMU is flashing instead of solid green, flashes 1-green 1-red 7-green and the repeats
    The Bluetooth LED is a solid red which means abnormal.
    Im upgrades all the firmware and have done it several times now to make sure it hasn't corrupted but can't figure it out. I don't want to fly it until i get this figured out but at the same time i have a demo on friday and need to get to tuning and testing. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

update, did a flight test and 2min i got continuos green flashing. 8min in I got red flashing. No idea what is going on because the have if there is green or red flash 4 times but not continuos. This is really starting to bug me

3. Daniel Gowland

Daniel Gowland New Member

G'day Paul,
    How is the craft handling…? Other then the lighting, is it twitchy, sluggish.
    Have you had it flying well before on another system (DJI or not) and what is your setup. Motor, prop, ESC, AUW, etc
    Regards, Daniel...

4. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

She's responding well, a bit of fine tuning needed, but because of the issues i haven't pushed it yet. She was flying decent on the NAZA 2 i just wanted the better flying of the A2. Here are the specs
    Innov8tive 800mm Hex
    Next Level 40amp ESC's
    Quadrocopter 3328 motors
    14x4.7 Carbon fiber props
    cinestar 2 axis converted to brushless
    4S 10,000mha x2
    16LBS AUW

5. Daniel Gowland

Will the flashing remain the same if you increase the gain on the roll and pitch of the IMU…?

6. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

which flashing are you talking about, the IMU indicator or the LED while in flight

7. Daniel Gowland

I was under the impression only the IMU was flashing as the Bluetooth Led is remaining solid. Either way, does it alter the signally lights in any way if/when you move the gains of the A2.
    The other thought is that if you started from scratch with your radio or did you simply exchange the NAZA2 with the A2 and leave all the parameters in your radio control the same. In which case starting afresh with a new model in your radio may help.
    If you have the OSD does it indicate anything abnormal, even briefly…(centre of the screen at the top)
    I've not seen the issue on the A2 but had a similar fault on the Wookong which came down to a reinstall of the firmware and Radio controller as the unit had been in and out of different crafts of varying sizes and confiigarations. It was like it had accumulated/remembered settings from time past.

8. Raphael Soetan

Raphael Soetan New Member

I
    Paul, did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same exact issue. This is a brand new build, first time use.

9. Ed Windham

Ed Windham New Member

10. Ed Windham

Ed Windham New Member

White flashes are an indication of vibration overwhelming the internal dampening of the IMU. How is your IMU mounted and where on your frame. I saw the rest of your set up from your original post. My question is are you actually using 20,000ma on two 10,000 ma 4S lipos? I think that your are approching the limit of your copter to handle the weight you are requesting of it. Try removing your gimbal and camera and and only use one lipo. See if the performance improves after that and start adding components back. I would not fly a 16# craft on less than a 6S lipo. My S800 is about that weight with 10,000ma 6s lipos. I have no white flashes.

11. Dave Lamb

Dave Lamb New Member

Guys, Ive got a new Steadidrone and it flies really well until I did a heavy landing 3 days ago. The landing wasnt that bad- not a crash (more like heavy = controlled landing from about head height- it swooped down hitting ground with some forward momentum but not alarming by any stretch). It shut down ok. Now it wont start up at all. Everything seems to work ok in terms of the big strobe signals (response to various controller setting- eg ATTI-GPS, ATTI, Failsafe, controller levers not centred, compass reset etc etc) but still wont start. The IMU is flashing 1-green 1-red 7-green and then repeats. Did you guys sort out whether this is a good or bad thing? Have I stuffed my IMU?