/dist/images/branding/favicon

Desirepower 10400mah OK Lipo?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Janne Hoglund, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Hi All.
    Got 4 of these 10400mah 35C lipos for my C8 with a auw of 5,6 kg.
    MK stack, QC motors and Carbonfiber 13x6,5 props
    Normal flight is 7.30 min using about 7300-7800mah.
    Normal current during flight is around 65A. Max ca 90-100A.
    Like the batteries :)
    But three of them have problem with cell nr 3 not being charged ok :-(
    Batt one has no balancing problems at all!
    Anyone else using them?
    Is my copter to heavy for theese lipos?

Attached Files:

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I have never heard of these batteries. I would contact the manufacture and have them replaced.

And no you should be just find on them with your copter.

Josh

3. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Thanks Josh.
    Sent three mails last week to the manufacturer, no answer yet :-(

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Janne did you buy them from a dealer or direct? If from a dealer I would also contact the dealer for a return.

5. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Janne, I have 4 of them, had them for about 1,5 years, my favorites, no problems, all still at low resists. Compared to Mr Pro, Turnigy, Zippo, FF, etc, they win them all!

6. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Thanks all, i´ll have to speak to the dealer again.
    Zelle how heawy bird are you using them with?
    Flying times?
    Regards.
    /Janne

7. Cody Lewis

Cody Lewis Member

I'm using the quadropower 8000mah, and I haven't weighed the copter yet, but my average powerdraw is always around 65amps, and I am getting about 7-7:30 minutes flight time out of them and land when i hit around 14.4 volts. I was looking to get some larger batteries but wondering why you wouldnt get longer flighttimes despite having 2000+ more mah.

8. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Hi Cody.
    Interesting to know the weight of your Copter and how many mah you recharge your lipos with after a 7.30 min flight?

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Cody the flight time varies on many factors. Weight, prop size, motors and of course battery size. Both the battery mah and C ratings seem to make a difference. Good comparison, not always 100% accurate but a good gauge, is to use www.ecalc.ch and play with different combinations.

10. Cody Lewis

Cody Lewis Member

Not sure on the exact weight of the bird, as I don't have the most accurate scale. I'll see if I can borrow one. I parallel charge my batteries, but typically im putting back in 7000-7500mah. I know its best to only run your batteries down to 20% capacity, but I figure since my voltages are just fine, it shouldnt be a problem to be using that much of the rated mah. Anyone want to chime in on this?

Gary, I understand the differences in all the configurations, but ultimately isnt it all just a matter of the average power draw? a 14lb copter that is well set up and maybe only drawing 60-65amps average should in theory get the same flight time (with the same battery) as a poorly set up (or aggressively flown) one of 7 pounds if it is also drawing 60-65amps on average.. no?

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Cody same batteries and draw should get about the same flight time, totally agree. Janne should be able to get more time with the 10900 but he didn't say how low he was running the batteries on typical flights. And it is possible that while the batteries say they are 10400mah that they don't really have the advertised capacity.

Another tool that I bought, and we all need more tools, was a $20 digital fish scale. Reads in lb/kg, seems to be relatively accurate. And i use it to weigh UPS shipments :)

12. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Normal flight is 7.30 min using about 7300-7800mah.
    The most mah used in one flight is 8800mah, but i like my bird to be on the ground before the low v alarm sounds because then i know if something bad happens i still have some time left.

And yes an accurate scale is important i think.
    Actually i have one very accurate for small things like props and other stuff and a bigger one for batteries copters and everything below 10 kg.

/Janne