/dist/images/branding/favicon

DEFY G2 Brushless Gimbal on my Cinestar 8 first look

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Shane Latham, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Shane Latham

Shane Latham New Member

Hey everyone I wanted to share some custom stuff the folks over at www.defygimbal.com just did for my Cinestar 8. They have a line of handheld brushless gimbals coming out to carry everything from a Sony NEX7 to a RED, so I called them and after some serious talks I got them to allow me to be the first to test out their Multi-rotor edition of their G2 on my Cinestar 8. This was a total custom job as we spent two days down there with the crew while they cut parts, thew them away, cut more and so on until we got the final version you see here.

I just got home with it today so other than flying it while testing I haven't flown it yet but plan on it first thing tomorrow. I'll let you know more on how it flies later but as far as the construction and how it operates I can tell you it's very solid. They basically only used the three booms and the landing gear from my FreeFly 3 axis everything else was custom built by them. I think they are going to be offering a conversion kit to FreeFly users who already have the 3 axis gimbal but not 100% sure about the details on that. It is extremely smooth and I love the look and feel of all the parts.

Anyway here are the pictures of the G2 and first ever to leave their shop and placed on a multi-rotor! If you have more questions let me know I will try to answer them as best I can. If I can't the Defy people can I am sure.

Attached Files:

Devin Card likes this.
  2. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Love it.. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing!

3. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Did you get a chance to try it? Thanks!

4. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

So clean looking! I had a few chats with Drew as well, sad that someone beat me to it, but at least it stayed within our CS community!

Get us some footage!!

5. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Any footage?

6. Magnu Lian

Magnu Lian New Member

Bump! :) been looking at this gimbal for some time, but need more footage..

7. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I think this gimbal has some good features. FYI though it is a modified alexmos system however they have some things normal alexmos does not have.