/dist/images/branding/favicon

CX760 record question

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Dave King, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Can you have the camera in record without having to have the LCD screen open or have it flipped open in the closed position? I wasn't sure if you can just have the LCD screen shut closed normally without having to have power to the LCD screen to turn it on. I know I can just flip the screen but I was hoping to save power.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If you pull out the little eyepiece it stays on. But of course that'll mean you have to rebalance everything. ;-)

I run mine with the screen flipped 180° and on because I find it very helpful to monitor battery life, etc., check focus, and adjust other settings.

Tip: use manual focus because the CX760V will hunt for focus often when it sees the sky, which can wreck your video.

Another tip: do not record onto the internal flash memory. Get yourself a 32GB or 64GB SD card, and that way you can power off the camera and eject the card to download your files using a card reader without removing the camera from the gimbal.

3. Dave King

Great, thanks for the tips. What do you do for shutter speed?

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I don't fiddle with it at that level.

Truth be told, the CX is not as adjustable as I'd like, which is why I'm working so hard to get my 5D Mark III ship shape for flying. The Sony is good for sort of proof-level stuff, but for true broadcast and/or cinematic quality, it falls short in some situations. The 5D Mark III with a good lens, balanced and configured properly can deliver far superior results for my needs.

5. Dave King

Steve when you use the sony what image settings are you using. Playing with this camera seems to me that when you are in 60P you can't be in the best image quality. It doesn't say if its 1080 or 720. It just gives weird settings like HD Quality. If you run 60i it allows you to use FX or FH modes. .

6. Dave King

Edit, I figured out the file format issue. It appears 25M is still 1920X1080.

7. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

Mine has an option in the menu for power on/off by lcd. I'm using the 710V