cs 6 with wookong m qc3328

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Pablo Barrera, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Pablo Barrera

Pablo Barrera Member

hey everyone i have a CS6 frame with wookong m qc3328 motors, hk 30amp esc wiith simonk, using 12in gemfan CF prop or 11 graupner eprops with 8000mah 4s 30c lipo. yeah the zippy everyone on earth has. i am only getting about 5 mins without payload....i fly the sony nex7. when i take the same batt and put it into my MK hexa i get flight times over 10mins! i am not using wookong battery warning because i use spektrum telemetry. my batt reads at 16.7 at take off and as soon as i take off with the wookong it reads 14.7 anybody got any idea where i should start with first ? cant be the batts they perform just fine on the MK ..... any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Pablo:
    I'm not sure who on the forum might fly with a similar configuration -- I don't use Wookong but I had quick look at the manual for the M.
    It doesn't appear that it supports any kind of logging or telemetry, right? There's no way to get the Wookong to tell you any details about the current draw either as it's happening or after the flight? Is that correct?

Andy.

3. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

The only way to get telemetry back is to buy the modem/waypoint kit. It's expensive but a VERY nice tool but also with limited applications.

4. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

1. My naza cs8 gets half the flight time of my mk cs8. Same craft except escs/controller. Not sure what that is about. It looks like the MK BLs are very efficient.

2. I get about drop to 15.8ish under load when I take off with a 16.8 4s 8amp 25-50c batt. I run the specktrum telemetry right off of my FF distro board.

3. WKM has a voltage calibration system in the software. Have you calibrated?

I have been running 5S batteries. Escs run less amps/stay cooler and flight times increase compared to the same amps on a 4S.

Have you run your rig through e-calc? I'm guessing you could move up in prop size with those motors.