/dist/images/branding/favicon

Crowds, distractions, and frequently asked questions.

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Dave King, May 13, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I have PA that deals with this. If what I am doing gets too much attention I land. And discontinue until they leave. In some cases it involves some guy who has a smaller multi-rotor the size of a CD, that he happens to have with him and wants to fly with me, or at least that happened to me yesterday.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been asked to videotape another copter in flight so I was practicing with a C8 videotaping a Blade mQX. The down-wash from a C8 will knock anything smaller right out of the sky: 30 feet to 0 feet in about a second. I knew the down-wash was strong, but that was an impressive demonstration. The other copter I need to videotape is an Aeryon Scout which, with imaging package, is probably around $50K.

I think the safest approach is have the Aeryon hover, and I fly the C8 around it, above it, and about 20 feet clear or more. This will create the illusion that the Aeryon is moving while avoiding knocking it out of the sky.

Andy.

3. Shaun Stanton

My little MQX would get blown out of control in my studio just from the vent from HVAC when 30 feet away. I was impressed with this little thing that this guy had it is a walkera bug. 3/4 size of the MQX and has a small FPV camera and a tiny 5.8 TX and a video screen on the RC controller. The controller looks like a high grade one as well, compared to the blades. It actually handled the rotor wash from my bird fairly well I was impressed.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Shaun, I have a Ladybird and I love it. It's super stable and the video downlink is a hoot. I get 6-8 minutes in the air with it, even with its tiny camera. I also use it with a 5.8g LCD/DVR I have, so I can make recordings, too. I think there's a video out port on the TX, but it's easier to use the second receiver.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...a_Micro_Quadcopter_w_Devo_F4_RTF_Mode_2_.html

Shaun Stanton likes this.
  5. Shaun Stanton

Yeah I need to get one, I can see hours of flying around. I think my cat would love this, right as he is trying to hit the food dish;)

6. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

I always get these three questions, How much, where can I get one?, and can you spy on people with it, I finally got some road construction poles and some yellow caution tape, and I always give my self a buffer zone that makes people have to yell in order to ask questions when I am flying, pretty good deterrent, people don't usually want to yell so they wait till im on the ground