/dist/images/branding/favicon

Creating a MōVI M10/MR Discussion Category

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mike Duval, May 8, 2013.

1. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if one of the Mod's could create MōVI M10/MR sub forum. I'd love to have a space that we can start sharing experiences without running amok through the other forums.

Some topics I'd like to discuss there would be solutions for remote viewing, follow focus & iris control, sharing camera/lens calibration settings, what laptop/netbook to use for programming, technique, etc.

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm dying to get my hands on a unit to put it through its paces. I've spent a long time using both Steadicams & Kenyon Gyro units, both the KS-6 and the newer 4x4 3-axis setup. While those are great, there are some pretty serious cons that the MōVI addresses rather succinctly.

Thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike it is already in the plans.

3. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Awesome Gary! Glad to hear it! Thanks for the reply.

Mike

4. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

Bring it on! I think the crossover would be healthy. I ordered an MR but somehow have been sent an M10 so I'm perfect for this category! There's so much crossover info that this will be a really useful forum.

5. Hi Mitch - Sorry to hear about your order, if you have not already done so, please contact us here in Support (support@freeflysystems.com) so that we can find out what happened and work out a solution.

6. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

I don't think it was me! My partner ordered the MR initially and paid the deposit. When we were notified that the MR was ready for shipment, my partner tried to pay for the MR but your site kept on crashing. It took him 3 hours of persistence to finally pay the balance. I unpacked the gimbal today and tried to find the legs THEN realised the box said M10, not MR! My partner checked with Freefly and they said he had changed his order at the point of balance payment. I really think this is unlikely (he's a pretty intelligent guy) and more likely to be a system error. If it's happened to someone else then this makes it even more likely. We've been asked to ship the controller and receiver back to the USA from the UK, a costly and time consuming endeavour, and then you'd ship the "missing" parts. We were waiting to get our MR to do our CAA flight test and this has really set us back. Such bad timing! I think the solution would be to ship our conversion kit over pronto and worry about the how's and why's later. We paid £15,000 in good faith, do us a favour and sort us out!

7. Hi Mitch...This is the issue I was referencing and I worked with your partner on this today as he contacted support. While I don't want to provide any of your private information in a public location, I will say that we are not waiting on return of the transmitter, I noted that we would ship today or Monday and simply asked that he return the transmitter. My apologies if there was a misunderstanding with regards to the order in which it would be shipped. Regarding selecting the M10, there is always the possibility of a software issue (and we are investigating to ensure there is not, there have been no other reported issues of this nature). My first priority was making this right with your partner and getting the Landing Gear out to him. Our sincerest apologies for the difficulties this has caused and we look forward to seeing what you create with the MoVI.

8. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

Thanks for your reply and explanation. Sorry for the confusion.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that the legs and attachment plate arrive quickly. Thanks for being reasonable.
    Still it's a shame this happened at this time!

9. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

Legs here in my office, thanks. I hope you got the transmitter ok?