/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cover to cinestar 8

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by kjetil tønnesen, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Mine's a pint, please Steve. Guinness. Draft. :)

Andy.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Served room temperature, I imagine...assuming the room's warm and stuffy, like the clientele.

3. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Hi to all if you all want and of course Tab agrees on i can do a model and vacum form it. Depending on the numbers we can share the costs for the model on the first copies it could be made of policarbonate and we could add holes justto the bottom still allowing ventilation......

4. Daniel Delaunay

Do you have Zebra shower caps in your store Caju? ;)
    If you do book one for me, please!
    I think Andy and Steve are right, I gave this a second thought and I think I will join them for a Wine, Cocoa or whatever they are drinking as soon as my equipment and socks stay dry.

But I'm sure at some point, some day, somewhere, a photography director will call for an aerial scene in a wet day...

5. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Lol we can do zebra, ladybug or even green hornet, it is up to you... Well if thats help. We been doing some stuff in the forest and the only solution we found is to encapsulate all the eletronics, unfortunally the bearings are the first ones to go away.... But we do love the wet and we have a blast flying over water what can we do ......

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Good lord, no. Guinness, aka "Genius," is served at cellar temperature, not stuffed like the clientele. :)

7. Denis Gliksman

Hi,
    i have to fly in maritime environnement ...
    What do you think of that product to protect electronic ?
    http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip
    i used it on a small quad, no problem, just that i don't know if cooling may be a problem on the Cinestar ?...

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I think heat is going to make this fail. I'd look into 3D printing yourself a housing with a fan. But even with that, how will you protect your motors? The truth is our Cinestar and similar platforms are not all-weather craft. There's a whole different level of engineering required to make that happen.

9. Denis Gliksman

Motors aren't a problem, they can even survive a salt water dive if you can rince them with fresh water and a lot of WD40. ;)
    (look for Dex videos)
    I have plastidip on a multiwii flight control, and an other quad, no problem. I haven't tried on a big kopter yet ...

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The product that several Cinestar users use (myself included) is called a Conformal Acrylic Spray. I wrote a guide on how to apply this to the MK boards that you can find here: http://rathergoodguides.com/documentguides.html (thanks to Wolfgang for the images!)

This spray differs from the PlastiDip in that the viscosity is much lower, therefore it forms a thinner layer and it appears not to affect the thermal dissipation of the boards. You do NOT spray it on the MOSFET top surfaces though. Use heat sinks for those. (You can get them from QC http://www.quadrocopter.com/Aluminum-ESC-Cooler-for-MK_p_324.html (similar form factor heat sinks will work).

Andy,