/dist/images/branding/favicon

Couple of questions on shutters...

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi guys,

ive been trying to put toghether my shutters for my 360/radian gimbal and ai have a few questions.

is any body using the mikrokopter universal IR shutter with either Cannon 5D or Sony Nex6?

the reason I am asking is because i wired the shutter to the pan and tilt aux channles, programmed the aux on the radian software, i assigned zoom to the throttle stick, where if centered there is no zoom and you can tell because the red led on the IR shutter is off, once you move it either way, the red lights up in fast intervals, and when i center it again the red goes off, so it is working just fine but the camera wont give me zoom. i upgraded the firmware and then downgraded and tried several of the .cid files with both firmwares and all i got was shutter, no rec start/stop, no zoom. so maybe these .cid files dont work for the newer nex6? or am I missing something, i do have the rec start/stop shutter on a 3 switch cable on the tx middle is off up is rec and down is shutter but all i get is shutter.

On the Cannon 5D i dont get nothing at all with any file from the MK wiki nor with a file from a member of mikrokopter.de forum specially for the 5D. I belevie all I have to do to the camera is set shooting mode to timer where theres a little remote control icon next to it, and it should work. funny thing is that when I press the shutter switch with the Nex .cid file i get a strong blinking red led, abut 4 blinks but when i upload the 5D file and press the sutter switch i get a really weak one flash red led.

thats part one, part two.....

i have this shutter for the 5D from when my gimbal was stabilized from a a FC board before the radian upgrade
    http://www.quadrocopter.com/Canon-EOS-Shuttercable_p_364.html
    is there anyway i can connect it to the graupner gr-12 rx and make it work?

thank you for your time

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jean:
    The shutter release to which you cite: http://www.quadrocopter.com/Canon-EOS-Shuttercable_p_364.html is designed for operation with a transistor switched circuit such as you find on the FC board. It is NOT designed to be controlled by a PWM controlled RC circuit.

I have used the MK IR control at http://www.quadrocopter.com/MK-IR-Ctrl-Camera-Remote-Control_p_569.html successfully with the Sony CX 760 and a Canon 5D Mark III.

Can you confirm that you camera works properly with its own IR remote controller? See page 185 of the (English) manual. If you cannot get it to work the camera's own remote control it will definitely not work with the MK IR control.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

3. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ok this is getting frustrating...

1. bought the oem cannon 5d remote rc-6
    2. tested on camera, works like a charm
    3. power on ubec on gimbal to power radians to power my shutter on aux inputs 2
    4. put one jumper on the first pin of the shutter to tell it to do the command only once
    5. the put the jumper on pin number 4, green led flashes in second intervals
    6. press the swith I chose for the camera trigger funcion, green led pauses for a second then starts to blink in a different pattern
    7. hold the oem cannon remote against the MK IR and one red flash happnes telling me that it got the comand
    8. disconect jumper.
    9. camera still wont shoot
    10. shoot using the remote 30 seconds after trying to get the camera to shoot, and it shoots just fine via the oem remote, the same one im using to "teach" the mk shutter
    11. repeat all steps above with the jumper set to permanent, and three seconds and still nothing

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jean:
    You're right. That is frustrating. I don't have any personal experience of trying to do this. I hope someone else on the forum can help you.

Andy.