/dist/images/branding/favicon

Counterweight Cover Issue

Discussion in 'Movi Showcase' started by Shaun Kane, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Shaun Kane

Shaun Kane New Member

Movi fell off kitchen counter and anchor nuts pulled out of plastic. Any suggestions as to what to use to cement the anchors back in? Apparently we can't get replacement parts and would have to sent the movi to Freefly. Super Glue,JB Weld or? Broken Fasteners.jpg

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I would not use SuperGlue (cyanoacrylate) as it's very brittle. My first choice would be 30-minute epoxy or perhaps JB-Weld as you say. Just not sure whether there would be an adverse chemical reaction with JB-Weld.

I suggest 30-minute epoxy because, at least in my limited experience, it seems to produce stronger bonds.

Hope this helps.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. David Croxford

David Croxford New Member

This is probably late to the show on this but I had one of the nuts pull out as well. I contacted support and to FF credit they resonded in less than 12 hours with a super glue recommendation. Just make sure you line up the notches on the nut with the notches on the hole.
    I overtightened a screw on the counterweight and the nut just crept out of its position. moral of the story @ you dont need to be over agressive with tightening things down

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting that, David.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert