/dist/images/branding/favicon

Corporate Video Examples

Discussion in 'Movi Showcase' started by Michel Ulmann, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Michel Ulmann

Michel Ulmann New Member

I'm using the Movi basically since its release. Below you'll find two examples of videos I shot for my company during events we sponsored. The whole videos were shot with the setups mentioned after the title. The first video is from the largest hackathon in Europe and the second one is an interview from the green carpet at a film festival. I shot more than 100 videos with the Movi so far (absolutely love it), but most of them would be rather boring to share here, as it is mostly talking heads about financial services, products and markets ;)

HackZurich 2018: Movi + iPhone X + Sennheiser AVX

Zurich Film Festival 2018: Movi + iPhone XS Max + Sennheiser AVX

As both examples were shot in non-controlled and noisy environments the Sennheiser AVX SKM 835 handheld mic was used, in controlled and less noisy environments, I'm using the Sennheiser AVX MKE2 lapel mic.

Rorick Edge likes this.
  2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Hi Michel,

I'm really impressed with the quality you're getting from the Movi/iPhone/Sennheiser for documentary video.

Is the Movi on a support (e.g. a monopod) or handheld for these interviews? Either way, it sure is a leaner and lighter rig than the ones visible at the beginning of the Viggo Mortensen interview.

Do you shoot these at 1080p or 4K?

The people that you interviewed in the hackathon video seem to give fairly detailed responses. Is this just the way it happened, or do you tell interviewees that your questions won't be part of the final video and you'd appreciate detail?

For those interested in how Michel records sound for these videos (assuming that his system hasn't changed), see post #3 through #8 here: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/in...-recording-to-lighting-jack.12384/#post-84396

#2 Rorick Edge, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  3. Michel Ulmann

Michel Ulmann New Member

Most of the footage in those two videos was shot handheld, but I always have a monopod with quick release plate and legs with me, so I can give my arms a break or do overhead shots imitating a crane or drone. I‘m used to get laughs from journalists and agencies about this „strange setup“ but in most cases I can get away with the same quality plus faster production, which is key for our social media channels. Just wished our corporate branding had no alpha channels so I could also edit it immediately on my phone.

Interviews are shot in 4K 30fps, most of the B-Roll in 4K 60fps, although I usually end up not using the possibility of slow-motion, but it‘s good to know I have it if needed. The final videos are 1080p 30fps, so I have the possibility to reframe the shots or do a virtual second camera crop, in case I have to cut interview answers too much, so I can hide some of the hard cuts.

I usually ask a person or group 3-4 questions and end up using only 1-2 answers. I usually don‘t tell them that only the answer will be in the video as it didn‘t make a difference in my experience. In some cases a colleague will ask the questions while I concentrate on the filming, especially when you can‘t use a lapel mic and also can‘t hand them the mic, like on a red/green carpet, where you also have to fight for your spot with all the press. I was surprised, that you couldn‘t tell from the end product, that I‘ve been hit multiple times by cameras, arms and mics of other news outlets.

Rorick Edge likes this.