/dist/images/branding/favicon

Copy Model in DX8 to work 2 Movi?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Chris Jordan, May 23, 2014.

1. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Hey Guys! Simple question i bet someone on here knows the answer to. We have 2 movis and want to use just one transmitter to do both ( not at the same time of course) Would I just copy the current movi model on the DX8 and then make a new model and bind with the M5? Cheers!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good question. It really comes down to: "Is the Tx/Rx binding on the Spektrum DX8 specific to each model or do you have to rebind Tx and Rx when you change models.

I did some Google searching and found:

Good idea regarding copying your settings. To answer your question you cannot have one receiver bound to multiple profiles in your DX8. From the Spektrum site:​

"Binding is the process of training the transmitter and receiver to communicate with each other. Each radio and receiver have a unique code, called a GUID (Global Unique Identification Code) Code. This is your radio system's thumbprint that prevents it from interfering with other radio systems or being interfered with by other radio systems."​

So this GUID is specific to your DX8 and not your profiles. This means that although you've copied your settings you have to re-bind if you switch to a new profile, but at least all your settings will be in tact. The purpose of different model types under normal circumstances is to have one TX that can switch between different planes or helis (different receivers).​

See http://garagepilots.com/forum/topics/question-dx8-model-type message from Dennis Baldwin on Feb 15, 2013. He cites to the Spektrum site but does not give a specific URL.

Andy.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris if you are moving the Sat RX from one to the other then you wouldn't need a copy. As Andy said, and I assume it would work, if you have two Sat RX's then make a copy and bind each one to a separate MoVI. At least that's the assumption.