/dist/images/branding/favicon

Converting To Heavy Lift CS8 - BUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Josh Lambeth, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Sean Carter

Sean Carter New Member

Sorry about that...
    Done and Done. :)

So Gary that's interesting about the default tilt being -5 Deg, I never noticed.
    So your saying the camera's neutral position is tilted -5 Deg below level?
    Could you increase the (-) tilt slightly if required? or set the horizontal tubes slightly lower and re level the plate the cam sits on so as to effectively lower the camera another bit?
    Thanks for all the feed back.
    Sean.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes you can adjust it to your own setup in the configuration software. Just set the Fixed Pos value on the tilt radian. The default is -5 if you haven't changed it. You can do it with any of the methods you describe. My choice was to set the Radian to zero then zero bubble the camera plate/vertical tubes. Then let the software set the final tilt by changing the tilt to -5. Hope this makes sense.

3. Sean Carter

Sean Carter New Member

Thanks Gary, that all makes sense

4. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Josh where did you get the firmware to upgrade the esc's? I looked at the CC site and found nothing.
    Thanks
    Bill

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

6. Bill Collydas

Thank you Gary. Do you programme them one by one or all together.
    I'll be using the Wookong

Bill

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

You can only program them one at a time. They have great logging but to get to the logs you again would have to read them one at a time. Downside to the ICE is that the log file does not overwrite earlier data when it gets full. It just stops logging. So Castle makes a little device, CastleLink Quick Connect, that I inserted on the #1 ESC so that I didn't have to constantly keep disconnecting/reconnecting. Works real well to pull the data and empty the memory buffer.

8. Bill Collydas

Thank you Gary for the info. I think I have this little gadget I use to download the data from my plane.

Bill

9. Richard Critchlow

Richard Critchlow New Member

Hi All,
    Am I right in thinking that freefly are releasing an HL 8 shortly. I'm desperately trying to get some info as we want to mount quite a heavy camera on a Movi MR. Had previously planned on a droidworx skyib but since seeing the Movi we are now leaning towards cinestar for compatibility. However, we need to get on with it and I can't get any straight answers out of these guys. Anyone have a better in that me!
    Regards
    Richard

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Richard:
    I'm afraid I have not seen or heard any information about the HL availability that I know to be accurate -- it's all hearsay (or double hearsay).

Regards
    Andy.

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Richard the MōVI has a Q3 release date. I don't know the release date of the HL. One of the component sets has already been released and is on the QC store site and maybe some of the other distributors. That is the Motor Control Set. You said 'quite a heavy camera'. The MōVI MR will is rated at 10lbs on the gimbal which is camera, lens and any other attachments like follow focus. What camera were thinking of using?

12. Solon Luigi

Solon Luigi New Member

Bill Collydas likes this.
  13. Bill Collydas

Wow nice work. Can you share what props and motors you are using? 17min is a long time.

Bill

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

15. Matt Kearney

Matt Kearney Member

Hey Guys,

If anyone is interested in building a H/L im selling 8 castle ice 50's esc's.
    Only used for 2 months in perfect working condition.
    Great price $400 US for all including the programming cable.

Ive decided i don't need 3 big machines!! Thats why im selling.
    Funds need to go on other things than multi rotors!!

Cheers

Matt

matt@steadimoves.com.au

16. Emanuele Chiocchio

Since this is an "heavylift" thread, well this is for you. Our new 16 motors beast: it's a newly developed carbon frame but the gimbal is, still, an excellent 3-axis Cinestar. We're currently testing it under VERY heavy setups. More to come! :D

17. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Emanuele you missed the chance of a lifetime. You should have used the X16 to tow the car out of the mud!!! :cool:

What a beast. What is the AUW with batteries and the camera you were flying? When I see videos like those from Kopterworx it takes a minimum of two people to handle the ship. Not sure what you are using for an FC setup but how do you do a compass calibration assuming you need to move the ship around while doing it?

18. Emanuele Chiocchio

:D next time we could try a 24 motors monster to tow away the Prius! May be...
    Gary, this is a test platform for our new co-axial carbon frames so it's not our priority to have long or very long flight times here: only thing I can say is that even with four 6S LiPos and the 3-Axis head mounted on with a 5DMkIII this thing moves as it's nothing and it's perfect, really rock solid. My brother is really tempted to use it instead of our other X4 and X6 birds... he's crazy! One person is more than enough for the CineFORCE X16 ;)
    And yes, it's a difficult and very picky build! It's our testbench afterall! :)

19. Sean Carter

Sean Carter New Member

Would anyone know what would case one motor to start slower than the other 7?
    It does kick in just before lift off power is input and works perfectly from there on.
    I'm at a loss..?

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Sean:
    When you see it happening and just wait, does it sort itself out after a few seconds?

I occasionally see one motor start up going the wrong way, have second thoughts about it, reverse direction and spin up to idle. I've been blaming it on one particular cameraman with whom I work (it seems to happen when he's controlling the camera) :) , but I think it's just the way the three-phase voltage to the motors is generated. It doesn't happen all the time, and I've not noticed any bad things associated with it.

Andy.