/dist/images/branding/favicon

Converting my CS gimbal to a brushless gimbal

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Bill Collydas, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Katya Nelhams-Wright

I ordered a couple so will let you know.
    Kat

2. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Depends very much on how well balanced your camera is, the weight of the camera, your flying style, how much wind.
    Well balanced cameras in little wind with smooth flying does not consume many mah is what I found.

3. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Has anyone had luck with the "follow mode"? I tried to get it working on the yaw axis however it doesn't follow the handlebars, if you push the camera in one direction for example ledt it will continue to go left until you stop it by pushing it to the right where it continues to the right and so on. I think maybe there isn't enough resistance form the bars pivoting on the motor for the IMu to detect the direction.

I know it's still under development so is this as good as it gets until new firmware?

Thanks
    Sam

4. Peter Gøthche

I use the follow function on my handheld gimbal on the yaw at it works perfect

5. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Also when should the invert motors function be used?

6. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

I got the yaw follow mode to work, I didn't change anything in the follow setting so maybe it just needed a good restart. No luck with the pitch follow mode though, it makes no difference between 0 and 100% follow. Help.

kjetil tønnesen likes this.
  7. kjetil tønnesen

is there a good way to balance the pan axe???
    step by step

8. kjetil tønnesen

hello
    do you have the alexmosboard?

how do you setup the follow mode
    i thougth that the followmode were activated when you goes from 0 to 100% follow

and have the alexmos new firmware that shoud fix the problem with the pan not sentered get out yet??
    or can i fix it when i connect up my reciver to alexmos???

where to find how to setup the alexmos with a radio,so my cameraman can have controll over the gimble??

9. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Häng gimbalen med en tråd genom hålet i mitten på översta plattan, så gör jag och det fungerar mycket bra :)

Hälsn.

/Janne

10. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

I'm just about to convert my tilt and roll to brushless with this conversion kit: http://www.brushlessgimbals.com/p/8688053/2-axis-brushless-gimbal-conversion-kit---deluxe-kit.html

Will use two of these new motors which should give better resolution: http://www.brushlessgimbals.com/p/8708714/iflight-gbm5208-pro-22n24p-.html

And this board: http://www.brushlessgimbals.com/p/8...-v30-controller-module-w-sensor-martinez.html

What else should I get? I have 3 axis Cs gimbal and will just convert tilt and roll first and keep using radian for the roll. Is this Martinez board totally pre soldered or will I have to solder some connectors by myself. Also what kind of connectors should I order for the motors, are they just normal servo connectors?

I'm also interested in hearing if somenone has made this kind of configuration (2-axis brushless, radian on pan) and how does one configure this. Because of course I'd need my camera operator to be able to control tilt and pan like with the radians in the past. Is this possible?

Camera is Panasonic GH3.

11. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

_DSC0001.jpg _DSC0002.jpg _DSC0003.jpg _DSC0004.jpg _DSC0006.jpg _DSC0008.jpg
    Hi do you guys know where to get a longer and more flexible mini molex cable the one for the IMU I got mine with the board its has 4 wires but its kind of short and the wires are a little stiff this cable has to be pretty flexible because it goes from the alexmos board to the sensor under or over the camera

the black one is nice and shielded with protection over the connector the cable is flexible it came with one of my FPV cameras but its just one end the other end has RCA connectors the other thing is to identify the actual name of the connector Im calling it Molex but I may be wrong

thanks
    any ideas

12. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Lauri,
    I would go all inn and get the whole packet - the roll motor is the most important and then buy two Alexmos boards - If you cant wait to get the 3 axises module.
    The new motors looks very promising but we haven't seen them in action yet. I´m happy with my 5208 for my 5D Mark III.
    I got the 3 axis luxury packet from brushlessgimbals.com and I´m blown away by the quality of the product.

Cheers
    Bo

13. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

Thanks Bo,

Any change you have some flying footage that you could maybe share? Maybe I should just wait next month for the 3-axis alexmos to be released, would make much more simple setup.

http://www.armbgc.com/armbgc-v3-0-alexmos-controller-3-axis/ So released 5th September.

14. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi again,
    This is the latest job I did with the Brusless gimbal. They want to have the Eurovision contest in the big building, next year:

Cheers
    Bo

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Is that raw video, Bo or do you do any post-stabilzation? It looks very smooth.

Andy.

16. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Looks amazingly smooth, very cool.
    They advertise a 15 min conversion from Cinestar Servo setup to the brushless kit. Is that realistic?
    Nick

17. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Yes I have alexmos from funtobuyonline (3 axis). It should be setup by changing follow to 100% but I had to do it a few times to get the pan to follow, the tilt I cant get to work.

If you center the bars before you turn it on it should stay there, you can always manually center them too.

there is a website "aerial pixels" that has good instructions on alexmos and includes info on setting up your radio.

Anyone had luck with follow mode on the tilt axis?

Thanks
    Sam

18. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

19. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Andy,
    It´s straight out of the camera. But this footage was shoot with the Sony CX740.

20. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Nick,
    No - It´s a bit exaggerated. But go for it, it´s worth any cent.
    Thanks for the nice words.
    Cheers
    Bo