/dist/images/branding/favicon

Control of Roll axis gone

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Veve Borimov, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi everyone,

Quick little question,

We were able to control the Roll axis with the left joystick on our Spektrum (Same one used for Pan speed) until it got rented out on a job, we now have lost this functionality.

Could someone please let me know what is the procedure to get this back up again?

Thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Veve, two places to check. Check the channel mappings on the MoVI and the same on the Spektrum. Doubt that a renter would change it on the radio and you can check that by looking at the channel display screen (it's one of the menu items), move the control and see which channel moves. Then make sure that is the same channel you need for roll control on the MoVI.

3. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi Gary,
    I go into the Monitor menu on the Spektrum and check if the joysticks are recognised. No luck unfortunately. When I move the left joystick left and right on both my DX7s and DX8, there's no sign of that movement being recognised?
    The left joystick only has the THR graph moving when I move the joystick up and down, nothing shows when I push it left and right.
    The right joystick show AIL and ELE moving when I move the joystick up, down and left, right.

I have checked the mapping values according to these:
    https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...w-do-I-load-the-MōVI-preset-onto-my-DX7s-DX8-

And I have also reloaded the settings that are attached to the link above for both the DX7s and DX8

Any ideas?

Thanks!

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Veve I don't have a Spektrum but in the manual there should be instructions on mapping a channel to a control In this case you need a channel mapped to the Roll (left-right of the throttle stick).

Does roll trim using the trim button below the left hand stick work? If I understand what you want to do then you simply need to map the channel (-4) to the stick with the same channel setting. This was the only roll control prior to the MIMIC. You also need to check on the MoVI GUI that roll trim is also set to -4.

Also see this article it may help. https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...94305-MōVI-Controller-MIMIC-Mode-Instructions. Maybe the MIMIC mode would give you even greater roll control. Haven't tried this no not sure that it will work.