/dist/images/branding/favicon

Control, limit programable, Angle of Tilt

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Marc BRACELET, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Marc BRACELET

Marc BRACELET Active Member

Hi everyone, a question for the Freefly Team :

Do you think that one day it will be possible to have a "control" or "limit programable" on the angle of the "tilt". Sometimes it's difficulty for camera operators to know if the camera is perfectly vertical or horizontal. I think that is a very important detail, I hope that this question has not been asked on the forum.

Best.
    Marc.

2. Pavlos Antoniou

ITs limited form 10 to 110.. then if you want to tilt the upper stop point that easy and you can find the answer on the FAQ of radian..!

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Marc, I know John is putting some thought into this problem. Part of the issue is that even if you stop the camera from looking up too far you will most likely ruin the shot anyway when the camera stops stabilizing and abruptly stops.

I do agree though...nothing like the booms ruining a great shot to make you mad!

Tabb

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Would it be viable, as a means for avoiding this issue, for the firmware to do a ramp as it approaches the limit precisely to avoid that abrupt stop?

Andy.

5. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hi Andy, I am sure it would be.....but then you have no more tilt stabilization as it hits the limit. It turns into a mess of 100 different ways to kill a shot at some point!

Right now I like it as is, for chase scenes I usually do a blast of speed at the begining, the booms come fully into Hugh's view while I get up to speed and the second I let off the gas they are out of frame and he is ready to shoot without having his 'frame' messed with.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tabb: True. I guess it's a no win situation as you point out. There's always this, I suppose. :)

Andy.

7. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Exactly, if the booms are on blue sky the post house can take them out pretty quick! I think maintaining the 'frame' of the shot without it being influenced by any one other then the camera operator is the most important.

8. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

WOW! Thats awesome and possibly worth investing in!

Josh