/dist/images/branding/favicon

Connex and focus pulling

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by alex ryan, Apr 7, 2016.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

On a recent job I hired the connex system because I needed more range than my current hd tx system could supply.
    I have been thinking about buying the connex system, but I noticed the video signal is not that clean. It is slightly pixelated, unlike the system I have at the moment (paralinx triton) which is clean and crisp.
    I was thinking that the connex system might make it hard to get accurate focus control. Wondering if anyone can let me know their experiences with using the connex system as a reference for a focus puller and if it is sufficient?

2. Humberto Barchini

I have been using it several times now... with a 14" sony monitor... no problem so far with the image and focus... one or two times the image freezes but flying more than 400 meters...

3. Mike Gentilini Jr.

Alex, we use both Connex and Connex Mini systems on the ground and in the air. Their HD signal is certainly clean enough to pull focus with. You will only see pixelation/image degradation when you start to lose signal. We have found the Connex performs very well distance wise and we use it on feature films with our camera systems. In the air we consistently get a clean feed at 500 - 600 meters (los), and while on the ground we can keep a solid feed up to 300 meters (los).

The main issue at this point is no SDI input/output.

[​IMG]

4. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Thanks for that. I was impressed with the range but did notice the signal wasn't as clean as the paralinx triton, but good to hear it is sufficient for a focus reference.

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Alex,

Connex has two modes; one is "Stability boost", another one is "High Quality".

The image quality difference is huge between these modes. For aerial we use "Stability boost" for better range. But for focus pulling, the mode should be "High Quality". I think your module was in "Stability boost" mode.

6. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Ah right. That makes sense. Thanks.

7. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Just out of curiosity, what sort of range are you getting in the high quality mode?