/dist/images/branding/favicon

Connecting rc flysoft shutter trigger to radian, help!

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Nathan Reim, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Hey guys I need to connect a GH3 shutter trigger to an rc fly soft trigger and then connect it to one of my radians. I have the fly soft all set up but have no clue how to set up a radian to run a shutter trigger. Any one know where to find some info on this or walk me through it? I am using groupner mx-12 to run the gimbal as well.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Use the Aux port on the Radian. Assign it to the number of an RC channel < 9 that you're not using.
    Then assign a switch on the MX12 to use that channel.

The Aux port is really nothing more than:
    1. Connect up the Radian software to the particular Radian you want to use.
    2. Enter the RC channel in the Aux window.
    3. Write the configuration to the Radian.

Then run a servo cable from the Aux port (port 2 on the Radian) over to the Shutter Trigger.
    The assignment of the switch on the MX12 will be in the MX12 manual. Hint: page 59. :)

Andy.

3. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Knew I could count on you Andy!, does it matter which radian I use? I am running a 3 axis system. what would you recommend if it does not matter which one.

4. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

got it working, thanks man it works great

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nope, doesn't matter. I would use the Radian that's the closest to the place where you have the camera trigger mounted.

On reflection, I would probably do things in the reverse order to the one I suggested in my first post.

So start with the MX-12.
    1. Assign the switch to a currently unused RC channel.
    2. Double check using the Servo Monitor screen on the MX-12 that the switch you've assigned really is using the correct RC channel. That checks out that the MX-12 side is working correctly.
    3. When you connect up to the Radian of your choice with the Radian software, use the Input Monitor window to check that the receiver (and therefore the Radian will see that channel changing as you toggle the switch.
    4. Then you can assign the RC channel to Aux input and write the configuration out to the Radian.
    5. Only then connect up the camera switch, now that you know that the entire data path is working. If the camera doesn't trigger or triggers all the time, you may have to invert the switch setting in the Transmitter -- so you'll need to do the assignment to the RC channel again, but this time with the transmitter switch in the other position.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy.