/dist/images/branding/favicon

Connecting Connex air unit via S-Bus not working

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Ben Clark, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Ben Clark

Ben Clark New Member

Having trouble controlling my Movi M5 via Connex (non-mini). I have updated the Connex air and ground units (brand new) to the latest firmware (3.5.1). The Movi M5 is at the latest 4.02 release (pre-beta). Amimon only included a Futaba ended trainer cable so I purchased a 2.5mm (air unit end) to 3.5mm stereo (audio) cable to connect the Spektrum DX7s to the Connex ground unit - also tried a mono version and no change. When powered on I get video from the camera fine, the Movi starts up but no control via the DX7s (which is in slave mode with the 3.5mm plug inserted. I am using the S-bus port on the Movi M5 to link to air unit. The Movi M5 works fine when not connected and powered up solo. Just wondering could it be: my male to make cable? (it's an audio stereo 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable with a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter on the air until end - wondering if the cable should be mono or perhaps the adapter is an issue); a setting I have missed in the Movi Mgt software for the S-Bus setup/selections (couldn't see anything selectable there); or perhaps my Receiver settings? I am powering the air unit from a separate battery to the Movi M5 so don't think power is an issue. I have contacted Amimon and expect they may have some good ideas when they come online but hoping someone can point me in the right direction on the Movi side if that's the issue? Thanks in advance.