/dist/images/branding/favicon

Compass Calibration Issues...

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Christopher Simons, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Christopher Simons

I recently set up my first CS8 and followed along with the DVD just fine, until it was time to take it outside and set the compass. I get the beeps like in the DVD, but then the continuous beep or ticks do not happen while I roll the CS8. I've been trying to get some assistance from the gang at QC, yet to no avail. I've been struggling with this now for a week. Yesterday I went out to see if I could just take off, working on my basic maneuvers and then land without setting the compass. When I went to take off, the CS8 starting spinning like the Wheel of Fortune and I landed immediately. Thinking this was something to do with the compass not being set, I headed back in, frustrated. I'm going to be checking the props to make sure that they are installed correctly and that one, or more, are not upside down. Also, making sure that all the motors are spinning in the correct direction. If one of these are out of whack, then I assume this would account for my spinning issue. Also, the radio I'm using is a Spektrum DX8. If there is any assistance anyone could give, I would be very grateful as I would love to get this in the air. Thank you in advance and have a great day!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Christopher can you have someone shoot some video with good sound as you try to do the compass calibration? Might help us help you.

3. Christopher Simons

Gary, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I will have someone shoot some video of it actually doing, or rather not doing, and post. I will be out of town now until next Sunday, but I will get it done right when I get back in town. Thanks again!!! It would be really great to get this bird in the air!!!

Christopher

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Christopher:
    Also you might want to double check the servo monitor screen on your transmitter to make sure that you are getting close to 100% deflection of the transmitted RC signals. If you don't the MK firmware will not recognize the Compass Cal. request.

Also check that the transmitter is set for Mode 2.

Either of those might cause problems.

Andy.