/dist/images/branding/favicon

cinestar new part

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Harry Michael Aldridge, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi,
    I was wondering if there was anywhere I could get just the small part that is circled. The part where the 4 screw go into. Basically one of the screws has snapped leaving the end of the screw jammed in the end and we can't get it out.
    Please find attached the photo,
    thanks!

Harry

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Harry if the carbon fibre part has not broken the nut is a 'press nut'. You could use a small hammer and punch to knock out the press nut and replace it with a new one. The nuts can be sourced from any industrial supply company. Also Freefly sells a set of the nuts through the dealers or the entire assembly.

3. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi Gary,
    Your right, the carbon fibre part has not broken, but by hammering out the press nut, surely it will ruin the nut thread?

Thanks
    Harry

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tap it gently and you should be ok. The 'press' part of the name is to hold it in and stop rotation. But should you damage it badly and a new one rotates the location would allow you to use a pair of grips to hold it while tightening. Less expensive option to try rather than the whole new assembly. I've had the same issue and no problems on replacement.

5. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi Gary,

OK great, I will give that a go,
    Thanks!

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

chances are that press nut is bad if the bolt broke off in there. Ive had a few go over the years. Replacements are available at QC. http://www.quadrocopter.com/Nuts-Bolts_c_93.html

Order the Freefly press nuts for replacements. The Cinestar spare hardware kit may not be a bad thing to have on hand either.

7. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi Brad,
    OK thanks, yes well we have spare screws and nuts but I was worried that once I get the end of the screw out, it will ruin the thread so I wouldn't be able to get another screw through there and have it tighlty secured anyway.

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

It's best to keep a ziploc bag of spare parts like this with you at all times.

As for the press nuts, you can also get them out with a needle-nose pliers pretty easily. And the right set of pliers (not needle nose...maybe a vise grip) can replace them.

9. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi Steve,

OK great, thanks! I will try that then