/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 + Movi M10, O ring type

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Adam Varadi, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

I have DJI Wookong on my copter. Do you think that lowering the gains could result in less vibration?

2. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy,

I made a test for changing the copter's gains.
    Here is the 3 videos, first with HIGH gains, then Medium (this is what I used) and on LOW.
    In my oppinion the lowered gains are the best.

All videos has the (almost) same movements, with the same 5D with 24-70, on 70 angle without stabilisation.

3. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

4. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

Vibration might come from propeler wash to your landing legs. Longer boom arm are better to minimize it

5. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

I have 550mm booms, I think they are the biggest.

Now I made some modifications and shortened the Movi's arms. I think it got better, but still not perfect.

I got the front battery holder for the Movi, installed and put a 4S/4200 battery on it and the vibration got way worse, any ideas? (I balaced again)

Adam

Attached Files:

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Adam. What are your gain settings on the MoVI? What O rings and how many do you have in each vibration mount? How are you setting the gains? Are you doing it while the copter is sitting on the ground? Do you see the same results when using the MoVI handheld?

Also all of your videos are coming up as set to Private so no one can see them to help you.

7. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Gary,

The gains and everithing is in the videos on the previous page. (I made all the videos available) (Sorry, but I'm on my phone and can't watch them, no 3g)
    6 blue O ring on all mounts. Gains are set while the copter is hanged. No, in handheld it's perfect.

8. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

My recomendation : first review & fix the structure flaws & test it. If it flies better, then you can fine tune with software.
    Vibration to center frame can cause from several thing :
    - Unbalance propeler
    - Motor Shaft/bearing need to replace

It doesnt matter, you can put batteries above or below center palte. Ive done that without problem. but its better to put above center plate to have a better vertical weight balance

Good luck

Ary

9. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Guys,

I have changed the props and the vibrations are almost zero. Here is a footage with the Movi + Canon 5D + Canon 16-35 . (It was on 35 during the flight).

The first part is without optical stab, the second (you see when my brother turnd on the stabiliser) is with stab.

What do you think, can this be better?

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Adam:
    There still seems to be some vibration in the tilt axis -- can you verify that the camera is mounted tightly to the plate?
    Also, on an unrelated note, you've got a fairly large dust spot in the center of the screen about 2/3rds of the way up.

Have you upgraded to the 3.08 Configurator app and MōVI firmware and tried Autotune? Be carefully to follow the instructions exactly.

Andy.

11. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Andy,

Yes, it is tight on the plate.
    I have updated to the newest fimware, and used autotune. :)
    About the spot, I find it after the flight but it's gone now.

But I will balance the props today because in this flight I just put them on the copter.

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Adam:
    Feel free to post another video after you've balanced the props. I also balance the motors (Google search for more information, e.g. search for balancing brushless motors).

Andy.

13. Shane Moore

Shane Moore Member

I learned a lesson from flying at 15,500 feet that might help. Even with balanced props and motors I was still getting too much vibration and I tired every combination of 0-rings. I know it doesn't make sense, but I think the extremely high rpm needed to fly in the thin air made the vibrations worse. I ended up using a vibration app on my i-phone and found a real benefit to the single hole prop attachments (like those on APC props) was a big help because I could loosen the nut and rotate the prop to the point where I had the least vibration. My advice is to balance props perfectly, balance motors perfectly and then balance them together as a unit with a vibration app. Please let us know if you resolve it - I think there are a lot of us in your same position.

14. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Shane,

Thanks for the idea, I have used this method on my Phantom 1, but I don't know why I didn't on the Cinestar.
    I'm on cacation now but when I get home I will do the motor and prop balancing then the method above, will share the results.

Adam

15. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy guys,

I was testing the Movi a few days ago, and with the Canon 5D the shaking and the left-to-right movement on the roll axis was terrible. (Could get the tilt gain too high, only 5-10)

On the other side, I tested the Movi with RED and it was brilliant. The camera was vibration free (99%) and the wide and medium angle was perfect. When I put the 150mm lens on it there was some shaking, but I could live with that. :)
    (all gain where good, tilt is 40-50, roll is 60)

What do you guys think?

16. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Adam what O rings are you running? Your first video the horizon is not level. Also the worst condition is to be hovering. I see the the same nit of movement in second vid in the middle when you are doing a fair amount of hover. Any flight movement is much more stable.

17. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Gary,

When using 5D, all 6 O rings are blue.
    When using RED, 4 black and 2 blue ring. (simmetrical)

The horizont is not level indeed, but the bigger problem is that the horizont drifts very often.

I know howering is the wors, but this is why I do the test in this situation.

18. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy,

I made a new video, with the 5D, but I took out the Toad in a Hole. It seems that it was the problem.

Here is the raw footage:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pp543js35k464k/A16A4881.MOV?dl=0

24-70 lens, firt in 24 without stabiliser, then with stabiliser, than 70 without stabiliser. (I know I should balace the camera after changing to 70, but this was the very worst case scenario)

What do you guys think?

ps.: dampeners are the same as with the RED, 4 black, 2 blue

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Adam: Is the Toad-in-the-Hole loose? Is that what the problem is, do you think?

Andy

20. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Andy,

I think it was the problem. I noticed some movement while testing it in handheld. But every screw was tight.
    To be fair, I will put it back tomorrow and check it.

What do you think about the footage? Is it ok?