/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 6 Max payload with following setup?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Andre Crawford, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Andre Crawford

Andre Crawford New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm currently running a Cinestar 6 with the following setup and I'm really struggling with motor Temp issues, I've re-balanced everything and re-aligned the motors numerous times so I'm pretty confident that all that is ok. I'd like to find out if I'm not maybe just pushing the envelope a little too much or if there is something I can change to make it work.

Cinestar 6 Air Frame
    Cinestar 3 Axis Gimbal
    4Cell System
    AXI 2814/22 Motors
    APC Slow Fly 12 x 3.8"
    Camera - GH2 with standard 14 - 42mm Lens
    Hoverfly Flight Controller
    Plush 40Amp Esc's
    All up weight 5.5kg

I'm running high timing on my esc's (25deg) as this was suggested by AXI.
    I've tried 14 x 4.7" props but I'm not happy with them and I suspect that I'm over propping the system. I actually have a suspicion that the 12 x 3.8" props might be too big as well. Everybody I speak to say that these motors should be able to do this no problem but I'm not having any luck.

Any suggestions? Should I try APC 11 x 5.5 Thin Electric props, should I get more powerfull motors ( 2826/12 AXI )?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andre

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Andre

Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Have you tried using the calculator at www.ecalc.ch? I just plugged in your specs and it shows you would need 85% throttle at hover. If the specs are correct then yes you are maxed out on that configuration.

3. Andre Crawford

Hi Gary,

OK I've changed my username, thank you for the heads up..

I've had a look at "Ecalc" but to be honnest I was not really trusting it as I hover at just under half throttle on a linear curve and she has more than enough power to punch out really quick. But if you say that I should maybe start trusting it then I will play around in there to see what I need to do to make this work for me.

What is a good heavy lift motor in your opinion?

Thank you very much for the reply.

Regards,

Andre

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Andre you have some good motors. For batteries are you running dual batteries and what C rating?

5. Andre Crawford

Hi Gary,

I'm not running dual packs, but I would like to for redundancy. The C rating I'm using is 35.

6. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Hi Andre, the 2814 do tend to get hot, but you should be able to touch them for more than 6 seconds,
    With the 12x3.8 you will have about 4.8 kilos of trust around 60%. So its no good.
    You are too heavy, or need bigger engines.
    Also I wouldn't trust 40 amps escs that are not really 40 amps... have you checked their temps?
    What is the discharge rate of your battery are they getting warm?
    Your bird really sounds too heavy , in my opinion, I would recommend 3515, they are really great, but I would suggest Ice lite 50 to go with them as well. With the HF is a great pack just remember to downgrade your firmware of the HF untill they don't release the new one lots of serious problems with r, ones be aware

7. Andre Crawford

Hi Guilherme,

Thank you very much for the advice, I was suspecting that the motors might be a bit light. The esc's are cool to the touch, not warm at all. I'll take your advice though and look into the other motors and the Ice esc's.

What I find strange is that the copter hovers quite happily just below 50% throttle.

Regards,

Andre

8. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

I use Aerobot Carbon 13x6,5 props, on my C8 with 360 gimbal.
    A bit expensive props but very stiff and only 15 g :)
    My lipo is 1025g 10400 mah 4s lipo.
    AUW 5,8 kg.