/dist/images/branding/favicon

Change fixed mode, to be able to manually tilt. [3-Axis Cameramount, 3x Radians]

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Daniel Lassmal, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Daniel Lassmal

Daniel Lassmal New Member

Hello everyone,
    i have a Cinestar 8 with the original 3 axis Gimbal and 3x radians attached.
    All set up just like in the manual with 2x Graupner MX-20 HOTT.

Now i have one question:
    In fixed position stabilised mode, I'd like to be able to manually steer tilt.
    So: Pan axis not stabilised, not moved manually
    Roll Axis stabilised, not moved manually
    and Tilt Axis stabilised and the possibilty to move it manually as well.

Can someone point me in the direction of how I can do that? Preferably someone, that knows the graupner R/C too. I guess you would have to activate a second switch somewhere, but i am not entirely sure how to do it.

I'd be very grateful for some help.

Thought behind it is: We are always a 2 Operator setup, so we don't need the fixed tilt-Value. But it woud be nice to have a setting where Pan is off, roll stabilised and tilt stabilised + manually changeable. Basically, the mount would then react like our 2 Axis mount we have set up, which could be a great addition for the times we don't need Pan.

Thanks!
    Daniel

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Daniel:
    I don't think you can do what you want with the Radians. You're essentially asking for mode that doesn't exist (but, it could be argued, should exist).

The way I've seen that done, though is:

1. Disconnect the pan servo cable from the pan Radian.
    2. Use a Velcro strap around one of the gimbal booms and one of the Cinestar booms to "lock" the gimbal in position.
    3. Then Stabilized Slew mode becomes what you want.

It's the "poor man's" way of achieving what you want within 30 seconds...and it is easily reversible. :)
    It's also a free "feature!" :)

Andy.

3. Daniel Lassmal

Thanks Andy,
    yes, that's what i will be doing if i can't find another solution. but it would be nice to switch it on/off in midair, so i hope someone has a clever solution :)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

You can certainly get RC controlled switches that you could use to disable the pan servo, but I'm not sure whether that would lock the pan axis -- if you yaw the Cinestar, I think the gimbal might lag behind.

Google for:
    rc switch​
    radio controlled switch​
    if you want to try such a switch. You assign it to an RC channel and it could switch the signal lead to the pan servo. Depending on the current switching capability you could alternatively switch the +5v to the pan servo -- but it would need to switch currents up to 1.5 Amps (call it 3.0 Amps to be safe).

Andy.

5. Daniel Lassmal

I think you got me wrong. I didn't mean a physical switch, attached to some servo lead.
    I meant a switch on my remote control, that would then activate the manual tilt function

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

You are right, Daniel. I didn't understand quite what you are trying to do.

I get that you want a switch on your RC transmitter to activate/de-activate tilt control. From what you say, you want this switch just be a simple on/off switch that determines whether or not a joystick on your RC transmitter will then control the tilt action -- am I correct?

Andy

7. Daniel Lassmal

Exactly.
    If exactly that would work in fixed position Mode, I'd be completly satisfied :D

Kind regards
    Daniel

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Daniel:
    I'm afraid it will not work in Stabilized Fixed mode. Sorry about that.

Andy.