/dist/images/branding/favicon

Case

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris Gerding, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Chris Gerding

Chris Gerding Member

I'm helping assemble a package (MoVI MR and Cinestar8) for a company in the midwest.
    Obviously the MoVI will be used for handheld also.
    I see the need to have a "camera ready" case for the handheld configuration.

I have seen a couple of cases.
    What works best and what are people using?

2. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

3. Chris Gerding

Chris Gerding Member

Jason
    I did see your case on that other thread. It does look like an awesome case. Correct me if I'm wrong. It does look like the MoVI can stay built with the exception of maybe rotating the hand grips.
    Do you have them in stock? Or what is the delivery time?

I guess I'm also curious what other options on cases that there are.

4. Markus Mueller

Hi Chris, I've got the case from cinema oxide and Jason. You can put in a balanced Mõvi M10, take it out on location, put in a lipo and the camera and do the quite easy back and forth movement on the camera plate and there you go. Necessary is of course, that you leave all the additionals that you've build on the camera body or attached rails, on the place it is. So FF or sound or attached lipos have to stay where they are when you transport the camera.
    If you think about a case that takes an M10 with build in camera - that won't exist - not now and not in future.

So for me the case from Jason is perfect, well designed and unbreakable. Arrived quick, nice contact, was send to Germany and Jason found a way of saving 200$ on shipping. Happy costumer.

Hope that helps - best Markus

5. Chris Gerding

Chris Gerding Member

No I don't expect to load the MoVI with the camera into the case.
    I have seen Jason's at the NAB but was wondering what all the options are.

6. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

wondering how this case works with the new "toad in the hole" quick release system. It seems that the "toad in the hole" adds some height to the rig which might no longer fit this case. have you had a chance to try it yet? it would be a shame to not be able to keep the MoVI fully built in the case.

7. Charles Bergquist

Hey Bryan,

I have Jason's M10 case and it's an excellent case, however, with the Toad in the Hole, which I just got, it won't close. I'm hoping there's a way to do it that I'm just not seeing yet, but right now it makes the top handle too high. However, without it, I'd recommend the case because it organizes everything so perfectly you don't think about it.

Jason, might help you as well down the road to account for the extra dimension.

8. Andrew Hewson

Andrew Hewson Member

What is everyone doing with the m15 upgrade and the existing movi cases?

I know a lot of people got the cinema oxide cases how is that going to work now? Jason are you going to make another case for the m15?

9. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member