/dist/images/branding/favicon

Carrying the Movi while Hiking

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Nicolas T, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I am still trying to figure out the best way to carry the Movi, while hiking. I wouldn't hike with the camera installed in it and would detach the handle bars but I am still not clear the best way to carry all of this while hiking.

2. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

As my friend Nick pointed out to me, if you bought the new "Toad in the Hole", you could easily detach the handle bars to reduce the footprint of the MoVI. then, you could put it in a smaller case or maybe even a backpack. I've carried my M10 in padded environments multiple times without it having any problems. You can even leave the camera on it, just remove the lens.

Hope this helps!

3. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I have the "Toad in the Hole" and it might fit in my current back pack if i removed all the padding but I am not sure I would have room for the handle bars. Also would be concerned that if its not packed well, all the up and down and jostling of the bag might not be good for it.

4. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Talk to Jason @ Jason Cases. He makes custom cases and laser cut foam. I'm sure he can come up with something..

5. Toni Leitao

Toni Leitao New Member

This might sound crazy but I just bought an EZrig mini strong for hiking. That means whoever I am hiking with needs to carry my water though!