/dist/images/branding/favicon

Canon C300MKII on Movi Pro! any problem with that!?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Samer Aslan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Samer Aslan

Samer Aslan New Member

Hi,what about problems of putting the C300 MKII on the Movi Pro,i saw here on this forum people talking about impossibility to put the 300II on the Movi Pro! is it true!? I have a Movi pro on order and now I'm about to buy another camera and have to choose between FS7II or C300II now that they have same price tag!! any info about it would be great,and let me know what you think about FS7II vs C300MKII! which one would you choose!?...I know it dosen't have anything to do with this Forum but would love to hear what you have to say :)
    Thanks in advance
    Samer

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Samer, I don't think anyone said it's impossible to put a C300 Mark 2 on a Movi Pro. Freefly came back and said there's actually 10mm more clearance than on the M15, and I've put many C3002's onto my M15.

Bryan from Freefly responded in another thread that the cage is a bit taller, and will accommodate the C300:
    http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/pro-and-the-canon-c300m2-a-good-match.8603/

As for C3002 vs FS7-II: I personally like the C3002, and of course the FS7-ii was just announced, so I haven't used it. Many people seem to think it's not much of an update from the original FS7, but the original FS7 is a decent camera. As a DP, I personally don't prefer the Sony 'look', but I find myself in the minority with that opinion sometimes. The ergonomics on the C300 Mark 2 is a bit weird, but you get used to it. The big downside to the C300 is the video outputs are OK at 24FPS, but going high-speed starts to mess with my transmitters and you don't get to keep the LUT. The FS7 has its quirks, too, like the ISO is just a monitoring LUT, and has nothing to do with what you're actually recording.

I stopped buying cameras long ago, when they started coming out with something new every 6 months. I shoot with the best camera for the particular job, and I can't make my money back on cameras that fast, so I started buying other toys that rent better over longer periods of time, like gimbals, wireless focus, wireless video, lenses, etc. Of course, it's starting to become the same short-cycle with Gimbals now, too. :)

3. Samer Aslan

Samer Aslan New Member

Wow,thank you Graham for this appreciated reply,that's a big relief for me knowing that there is no problem with the C300ii and Movi Pro! I know FS7ii is the same as the FSi but if buy now I will definitely choose the FS7ii but now that I have same price offer for both FS7ii and C300ii I have to make a decision which to buy! if the FS7ii costs less I would pick the FS7ii and i think that's the reason why many people choosen the fs7 rather than the C300. Now that you said that the c300ii don't have any problem with the movi is a great news for me,now it's only deciding between the two without doubt about using it with movi!
    Great decision about investing in "toys" rather than cameras,smart move.I work a lot with tv network and i do alot of crews eng style so renting is out of question,also because we rent cameras to some cameramen also!I have two F800 xdcam,two pxw-x200,one Panasonic and an Fs5 and wanted something more for "cinematic" side,also for renting!
    Thanks again for taking the time to reply