/dist/images/branding/favicon

Can I use the MK3638 to replace QC3328?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Borja Casal, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Borja Casal

Borja Casal New Member

Hi. A friend of mine starting boulding a HL Mikrokopter and never finished it. He wants to sale the motors to me and I wasnt sure if i can replace teh qc3328 with the Mk3638.
    Thanx

Borja Casal
    Paraphernalia films Spain
    CS8. 5d Mark II. GH3

2. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

You could if you planned to do all 8. They are similar, in spec. They don't seem as efficient as the qc3328s. The qc3328's have a no load speed of 700 rpm per volt the mk' s have a 770 rpm/v this may seem like the mk would be better except it is a no lad speed. Typically higher kv motors have less torque, so are not going to be as responsive as lower kv motors. The qc motor has a max current rating of 30 amps the mk's are only 25 so you may find the performance is lower. To answer your question yes you could use those motors. If you replace only one that will not be ideal because you will have one motor not performing the same as the others and may produce undesired results.

3. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

i have had to use one in a pinch, they are just different bells, they are the exact same past that, says kyle who used to work at qc

4. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

That's interesting since they have different specs. I found a motor from another company with a different model number a while back that had the same specs and looked like the same packaging and physical appearance. I wrote the guy and he confirmed that it was. Obviously these are made to spec by a company that brands them for OEM's and distributors. Atlanta hobbies sells the CS8 Standard lifter and they are selling 3328's branded as Freefly.

Edit: Found this motor this AMP 2814 has the same exact specs as the qc 3328. Even looks like it.

http://aerialmediapros.com/store/motors-esc-s/307-amp-2814-heavy-lift-motor.html