/dist/images/branding/favicon

can anyone share more information on the Movi Multi-Rotor Upgrade kit?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Albert Chang, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

i have looked into the store and noticed that there are multi-rotor upgrade kit for both Movi 10 and Movi 5...
    can anyone share more information on how to install this kit with Movi? (instruction menu?)

i have an existing multi-rotor and would like to adopt this with either Movi 5 (and hoping to move up to Movi 10 or 15), but need to know how it can be integrated...

if anyone have information will be much appreciated...

thanx

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Albert, the kits are unique to each system. All of the pieces mount to the MoVI. If you fly a Cinestar then the Star plate mounts to the Cinestar just as it does with the servo based Freefly Gimbals.

Installation is straight forward. The two front landing gear attach to the pan hub with 4 screws. The back landing gear slides onto the pan tube. Remove the handles and attach the Star plate. Very easy.

3. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Gary,
    much appreciated your quick response.
    we are not flying a Cinestar, what we have is another version of multi-rotor... and that is exactly why i am seeking for installation guide on "exactly which part need to be removed from Movi in order to secure on a multi-rotor".
    i have seem some one flying it with Movi, but didn't get a chance to look it up close...
    and being an engineer, i like to "study" before i "disassemble"...

i hope i am not being too stupid...

thanks

albert

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

There is a “star” plate in the MR kits which mates to 4 vibration isolators under the Freefly Cinestar frame using 8 M3 screws. So if your UAV has a Cinestar-compatible underbelly, it’ll work just fine. If not, you’ll need to find/build something to mate them together. And that’s a non-trivial thing, of course, because it not only has to be very sturdy, but provide adequate isolation from the copter.

5. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

steve,
    thanks for the tip... the adaptor plate can be build, that's not a problem... isolation from vibration coming for the copter is a must...
    want to know what to remove from Movi in order to fix to the plate...
    Gary mentioned that to remove the handle. so does that mean the "long" Pan tube is also part of flying system?

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Albert you simply remove the four bolts holding the handle to the top of the MoVI. The pan tube is part of the gimbal and is not removed. If you attach to something else be careful on the length of the bolt that you screw into the MoVI. You are mounting directly to the pan motor and if the exposed portion of the bolt is to long you risk damaging the pan motor especially the bolt holes.

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

8. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Steve,
    thanks... that manual helps a lot...
    one more question may not relate to this thread...
    i have a Movi 10 remote, does this remote works with the Movi 5?
    or i have to get another "full set? M5+Remote?"

thanks again

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Albert you can use the same radio (Spektrum) on the M5. Couple ways to proceed if you already have the setup on you M10. Probably the easiest is to buy a Spektrum Satellite receiver for the M5. Install it on the M5 and follow the satellite binding procedures to bind it and you are good to go. Not so good since it is held on with pretty strong double sided tape would be to pull it off the M10. But the cost is so low for another Satellite I wouldn't try to move one back and forth between gimbals.

Mapping would be the same and I'm pretty sure the defaults are already setup in the M5 for the radio control channels.

10. Scott Strimple

Gary... I'm not a Spektrum guru by any standards, however I have searched hi and low in the Spektrum documentation for a procedure to bind the satellite as you state in the post above. How does one bind the satellite only when hooked to the Movi5? I understand how to bind the AR8000 but there is no provision for leaving the satellite plugged in to the AR8000 while having it plugged into the movi5 also. Thanks for clarifying how to do this?

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Scott:
    You select the Bind option in the FF Configuration app. As I recall it's in the System menu. Holler if you don't see it.

Andy.

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah....System -> Bind Radio. Just checked on my Android tablet.

Andy.

13. Scott Strimple

Thanks Andy that explains it haha... It's not my movi and the guy only dropped off the DX8 and an AR8000 for me to hookup. I was able to power the AR8000 from the Sbus slot while leaving the satellite plugged into the AR8000... bind then plug the satellite into the Movi5 and Viola.. it's working. Can't wait to get mine and then I'll follow the steps your suggesting. Thanks! :)

14. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Quadrocopter has a good video at . Jeff shows it with a laptop but the same steps now apply to the Android.

15. Scott Strimple

Ahhh ... Thanks Gary perfect!

16. Zaid Al-Obaidi

Zaid Al-Obaidi New Member

Hi Scott, can you please expand on how you managed to power up from the SBus. Did you connect the (satellite wire from the Movi5 to the AR8000 satellite port?? ) if so did you have to bind the external RX and the Sat RX at the same time ? I intend to use a remote shutter, so a full RX is required but still trying to figure out how to power the RX without using an external battery !
    Thanks

17. John Woike

John Woike New Member

If I understand correctly the MR upgrade kit the M10 will not work with the M5?

18. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

John it will work with both the 5 and 10