/dist/images/branding/favicon

Camera balance changing over time.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris Herr, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

On a recent shoot I noticed that over time, my camera balance would get thrown off. I would set a perfect balance, then after a bit of use, I would power off and the camera would swing forward, or backwards. I did some testing the next day and experienced the same thing, I turns out that when I put the Movi in it's stand, the vibrating was causing my camera plate to slide. I tightened the latch screw slightly and it fixed the problem. I let the MoVI oscillate for a few minutes with no balance issues. If your MoVI magically rebalances itself, tighten that screw and you shouldn't have a problem.

That brings me to another issue, the DP I operate for likes to light off of the camera while it's on the MoVI. I stick a C-Arm through the handle so he can frame up without holding it, the only issue is that when I do this it oscillates because of the hard contact with the metal/stand. I know I could just lower my gain settings, but then I would have to re-calibrate before we shoot, and this isn't an option as he moves very quickly. Any tips for this? Can I save two tuning settings? Or strap it in a way that wont allow it to oscillate? Does anyone have a mount that mimics human contact?

2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Thanks for sharing your experience, Chris. That's good to know.
    In regard to saving settings. The only software version that can do this is Windows.

Maybe an idea for a future upgrade would be to store 2 or 3 settings in the MoVI and use a switch of the remote to select the one you'd like to use.

3. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

I didn't know the Windows software could do this, very interesting. I think stored settings in the TX would be ideal, something between full levels and dead...