/dist/images/branding/favicon

Came up for a solution to use my MK IR Shutter with my 5D

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ive been trying to get my MK IR shutter to work with my 5D for a couple of days with no luck, ive updated, downgraded software, tried every single .cid file i could find to program the MK IR shutter, tried all of them in 0.16 and 0.18 firmware, yesterday i went out and bought the oem remote control for the camera, it works just fine, i teached the MK IR the commands from the control and it still wont work on my camera.

so i have the old shutter i used to use when the FC stabilized my gimbal, but neither the radians nor the Rx will make it work. so i was closely looking at the MK IR and saw a + and - in the board, took out the multimeter and it read 0, pressed the shutter assigned switch on my Tx and i got current, then conected the shutter and the blue led lit whenever i used the shutter switch, it also works when i use the zoom assgined switch. next i connected it to my 5D and like it was expected, it worked on the shutter switch and also on the zoom switch, so i guess ill just have to be carefull not to use the zoom switch when using the 5D, so i dont get unwanted shutter actionc.

all in all this is the only way i can use my cannon on my gimbal, and the saddest part is that i already have another MK IR shutter on order for my second rig...

any comments before this becomes permanent would be appreciated

Attached Files: