/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cable came loose in flight

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Andrew Griffiths, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Andrew Griffiths

Hi guys,

I just thought I should send out a word of warning. We recently purchased a prebuilt CS8 HL system here in Australia and during field tests we heard warning beeps coming from the onboard controller, which indicated an error between the Navi and Flight Controller. Despite having checked that the cable was correctly and firmly plugged in prior to lift off it seems it had somehow worked itself loose towards the end of the 10 minute test flight :eek:. Apparently it's not an isolated incident and after revamping the entire system the cable is now permanently glued!

Question: Is it possible this error caused the memory to revert back to defaults? On the next flight the machine was unstable with no altitude hold and flashing LED's indicating low battery voltage on a full 6S pack. I hooked it up to KopterTool and found the settings had all changed - possibly reverted back to defaults with Altitude hold off and LED patterns to constantly flash? Thankfully I had our recent settings saved and loaded them back before our next flight.

I just want to find out how the settings could have changed and be certain it isn't going to happen again.

Cheers
    Andy

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Andy it may have changed parameter sets. The default most folks use is 3 Easy. So either it reset the settings, which would not be normal, or shifted parameter sets. Did you notice the set number when you were in MKTool? Do you get 3 beeps when you do the calibration?

3. Andrew Griffiths

Hi Gary,
    No I'm afraid I didn't catch the set number. Is there a way of tracking the history to find out?
    Cheers
    Andy

4. Zach Beggs

Zach Beggs Member

My cable didn't come loose, but my settings were completely reset when I was flying at a site a few days ago. I only knew because "AH" wouldn't trigger.

Checked MKTool, all my settings were defaulted. Manually changed each one and she's been flying good ever since.

Curious if we have the same issue or if the "reset to default" is a firmware bug.

Andrew Griffiths likes this.
  5. Andrew Griffiths

That's interesting Zach. I'm also curious to know if this is a firmware bug. Hate for this to happened on a job!

6. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

It was on one of the older firmwares with the MK. We had this issue also. We are now using the latest BETA firmware and haven't had any issues.

JOsh

7. Andrew Griffiths

Thanks Josh. We're on version 0.90. Do you have many flights with the BETA 0.91 firmware?

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Quite a few of us are running it. I am. Works great. No issues so far, although I only have 10-12 flights on it (but real flights with cameras aboard, etc.).
    Steve

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ditto I am on .91j. Haven't gone further.

10. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

I have had "default" settings randomly show up too. Some times if I don't fly for a few weeks. Sometimes when I flew yesterday. I try to always check with MK Tools.

Andrew Griffiths likes this.